Wierd XP problem

rocker123

Adept
Hi

One of my friend is facing a wierd problem.
When he starts his laptop, it boots normally, and after the XP load screen, it directly opens My documents, does not show the desktop nor the start menu.
If he logs off and loads XP via Guest account, his laptop runs normally, desktop and start menu are visible.
Guys please suggest what could be the issue ? and any solution for it..
thanks

This could be due to spyware. Try system restore or antivirus . But i think this cant be done in guest account or safe mode. So you may try it through the rapair mode of xp with a bootable disk..

rocker123 said:
Hi

One of my friend is facing a wierd problem.
When he starts his laptop, it boots normally, and after the XP load screen, it directly opens My documents, does not show the desktop nor the start menu.
If he logs off and loads XP via Guest account, his laptop runs normally, desktop and start menu are visible.
Guys please suggest what could be the issue ? and any solution for it..
thanks

Once you reach the 'blank' desktop -- give the system few minutes to settle down. Then restart 'explorer' again.

Spyware most likely... try making a new user account form control panel and then log into that... see if that works...

Then run a spyware/virus scan :)

anfjavid said:
This could be due to spyware. Try system restore or antivirus . But i think this cant be done in guest account or safe mode. So you may try it through the rapair mode of xp with a bootable disk..

IceFusion said:
Spyware most likely... try making a new user account form control panel and then log into that... see if that works...
Then run a spyware/virus scan :)

To early to conclude this. It used to happen on my DELL laptop too, was an explorer issue, nothing remotely related to a virus. Though no harm in trying what Anfjavid and IceFusion have suggested.

hi,

the best solutions is when it opens my document type msconfig in address bar and then go to startup tab and find a softwares list which u think not installed by something like b.exe or anything like that just unchecked that list and restart. i hope it will solve your problem.

Back