WiFi 6E

Curious as to if I have a Wifi 6E router and a compatible client which can receive in 6E, who or what is going to stop the transmission and reception at home ? Or is that going to interfere with some other signal ?

Curious as to if I have a Wifi 6E router and a compatible client which can receive in 6E, who or what is going to stop the transmission and reception at home ? Or is that going to interfere with some other signal ?
I think the device would refused to transmit the frequency at which 6E operates. I feel you would be able to circumvent this by setting US as the location in router settings.

I have TPLink xe75 which I bought off Amazon at launch and it apparently has USA region firmware and it has 6ghz band enabled.

But officially not allowed in India so for example my pixel 7 pro doesn't show the 6e ssid but my asus zenbook s13 laptop with mediatek WiFi chip rz616 similar to 7921 I guess connects fine in clean installed windows and Linux latest kernel too.

Not sure if currently sold xe75 will be USA firmware or what.
In my xe75 basic web UI I see region option but it's read only set to USA.

Bought TPLink Archer AXE75 Nov 2022, This router comes with 6GHz Network Indicator along with 2.4 and 5 GHz, Around March 2023 I got a cleint device which comes with 6E (6GHz) capability as per spec sheet. Till date that device never able to find (6GHz) 6E SSID of the router.

@dissel which device???

Even my moto edge 30 and pixel 7 pro advertise 6E spec but don't display the axe75 6E ssid... My laptop does.

It's the Fire TV Cube Latest Model, but during this post when I was looking at the spec of the Amazon IN - it clearly mentioned that it supports the wifi ax version which is the WiFi 6 version @ 5GHz channel.

I'm confused, I'm 100% sure it was marketed as a WiFi 6E / 6GHz device.

It's the Fire TV Cube Latest Model, but during this post when I was looking at the spec of the Amazon IN - it clearly mentioned that it supports the wifi ax version which is the WiFi 6 version @ 5GHz channel.

I'm confused, I'm 100% sure it was marketed as a WiFi 6E / 6GHz device.
The us version is advertised as 6E. They probably removed all mentions of 6E for compliance/false advertising reasons.

Thanks for all your responses.
The situation arises to a new question from my side... Is it worth it to wait when 6 GHz will be freed up for personal use by Indian authorities or "normal" wifi 6 is good enough?

Not really worth waiting unless you want multi gbit speeds in your local network.

I already get 800+ mbps on 5ghz band WiFi 6.

How is the client situation like now in terms of 6E ? Are majority devices ready or is it just limited to the high end ones ?

I don't think it's limited to high end... Many (maybe not majority) new devices support 6E already like phones and laptops, at least in the last year or so as far as I can see.

So 2 options are to get cheaper WiFi 6 routers or mesh now and upgrade later after a couple of years to maybe even WiFi 7.

Or be like me get VFM wifi 6e kit like TPLink xe75 and hope and pray gormint frees up 6ghz band soon.

Back