Wifi ADSL 2+ Modem cum router needed

invisiblex

Disciple
I have BSNL with ADSL modem cum router.
I need to dump it and take a Wi-fi ADSL modem cum router.
Suggest any Wi-fi ADSL2+ modem cum router ..in 2k budget. Must support b/g/n (n is optional) and wi-fi range should be good 30 metres(my house is 1200 sqft should cover full home)

is this good ? D-Link Wireless G ADSL2+ 4-Port Router or DGN1000 will it come on my budget ?

i dont think an adsl wifi router will come under that amount. I think there is one available in belkin for 2.5k range, but dont know about its reliability. And that too you cant get n mode in this range for sure....

invisiblex said:
I have BSNL with ADSL modem cum router.

I need to dump it and take a Wi-fi ADSL modem cum router.

Suggest any Wi-fi ADSL2+ modem cum router ..in 2k budget. Must support b/g/n (n is optional) and wi-fi range should be good 30 metres(my house is 1200 sqft should cover full home)

is this good ? D-Link Wireless G ADSL2+ 4-Port Router or DGN1000 will it come on my budget ?
Buy from local BSNL CSC, they have Dlink /Beetal ADSL2+, Wifi, 4 LAN port, with one year warranty @ 1500-1600Rs. These are also available in local market.

BSNL routers don't have decent range. I use one and it can't even overcome a single wall. In line of sight it will be OK.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

You won't find any good modem-router at the price of Rs. 2,000. Hike your budget into 2,700 and get the Belkin Modem Router ('G' one - speed up to 54MBps) The part number is F5D7634.

invisiblex said:
belkin doesnt have modem inbuilt.

No. Belkin is having a wide range of modem-routers. I'm using the F7D2401, which is a N 300 model.

i think belkins are poc.. and if you are spending 2.7k might aswel spend .5k more and get linksys wag120 which is wireless n router+modem.

If you want good coverage for whole house its best to get the N or N150 i guess. Was looking for something similar for a friend under 3k but we had to overshoot the budget by another 600-700 bucks to get a Dlink N Router with dual antenas for 2800 and a separate ADSL modem for 1000 bucks.

Dunno about the Netgear DGN1000, but you might try researching about DG834G ... works fine for me with XP-SP3, but its quite old now, dunno if its even in production any more.

Also, from my experience so far, Netgear is very reluctant to release x64 drivers, so you might keep that in mind.

@amityrocks: coudnt find any reviews about linksys wag120 :(. Would you say it is suitable for my setup? (my setup mentioned below)

@faheem: Hey faheem, was the one you bought D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N Router?? can you suggest something in a combo...as i dont want to havea seperate modem...too many wires ! :)

Belkin F7D8302 looks good with dual band N+, but again no adsl modem :(
Linksys E1000 ....again no modem
DSL-2740B Wireless Draft 802.11n ADSL 2/2+ 4 port Eth Router......(the word DRAFT is a little spoooky!)
Netgear DGN1000 ....has modem too....N150...no idea about the price .....moreso about the availability in mumbai!

my setup:
Connection - MTNL Triband
Desktop - will be connected via wire, used for heavy downloads (read:torrents).
Compaq V6000 - connected wirelessly for mostly surfing, and youtube at the most.
Acer Aspire - connected wirelessly for mostly surfing.
Samsung Wave mobile (courtesy TE) - connected wirelessly, Checking mail and minimalistic surfing.
Galaxy Tab (awaited) - connected wirelessly for mostly surfing
BTW: Belkin boasts of something called TORRENTMATE, which supposedly keeps running your torrents EVEN WHEN UR COMP IS SWITCHED OFF!!!

How good is the Airtel WiFi modem (Beetle/Binatone)? I asked the airtel CC guy and as per him it is a ADSL2+ Modem N series. So think it is not a bad deal in 1500/-

hellfire said:
Dunno about the Netgear DGN1000, but you might try researching about DG834G ... works fine for me with XP-SP3, but its quite old now, dunno if its even in production any more.

Also, from my experience so far, Netgear is very reluctant to release x64 drivers, so you might keep that in mind.

DG834G is still in production. I have been using it for nearly 10 months without any problem. I never had to use the netgear drivers or driver cd to do the setup. So I am not sure how the non-availability of x64 drivers of any importance in this matter.

It retails for around 3K.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Roxtin said:
How good is the Airtel WiFi modem (Beetle/Binatone)? I asked the airtel CC guy and as per him it is a ADSL2+ Modem N series. So think it is not a bad deal in 1500/-

Really doubt that its a N series!!!

Back