PC Peripherals Wifi AP / Router Reccomendations

So , we Just Updated Home ISP From Airtel To ACT and Speeds Jumped from 40 to 300 Mbps , but wifi router supplied by ACT is good for ground floor . Need suggestion for good wifi router / AP for third floor and terrace. they will be connected via cat 6 cable from main act router. the only requirement is the gigabit ethernet port on router / switch.

Regards

So , we Just Updated Home ISP From Airtel To ACT and Speeds Jumped from 40 to 300 Mbps , but wifi router supplied by ACT is good for ground floor . Need suggestion for good wifi router / AP for third floor and terrace. they will be connected via cat 6 cable from main act router. the only requirement is the gigabit ethernet port on router / switch.

Regards
You didn't mention the budget, so assuming you want to go for one of the best as it is at its lowest price of 23591 on Amazon presently, before any discounts.

Or if you want to spend more, though not with a whole lot of benefit.

Can also consider Asus RT-Ax3000 , it's about half the price of Rt-ax6000.
sells for 13-14k and a bit cheaper offline though at amazon it's always priced above 15k.

Can also consider Asus RT-Ax3000 , it's about half the price of Rt-ax6000.
sells for 13-14k and a bit cheaper offline though at amazon it's always priced above 15k.
AX6000 is more future proof in terms of multi-gig support, should that be needed down the line. Also, if link aggregation is needed for a NAS or anything else, then only the AX6000 supports it. Lastly, the AX3000 has much shorter range, so if large coverage area is a necessity then again AX6000 is worth it.

But yeah, if you are looking to just build a AX network with the current speeds and feature set, then may be it is worth saving some money.

I agree, Ax6000 is a bit advanced and even has faster processor and more RAM but it's only worth if you require those features and large coverage area.
as for the price range of 12-15k ax 3000 is also a good option.

what's the difference between A6 and C6
Here even the packages contents are the same: https://www.tp-link.com/in/compare/?typeId=9&productIds=34158,28235

: D

OpenWrt​

support seems to be better on C6 compared to A6

Last edited:
If you are looking for long term openwrt support, A slightly costlier option will be

During sale season price for this drops to 3999/-. This has 128mb flash and 256mb RAM.

Archer c6 and a6 both updated to v3 versions. No OpenWRT support at the moment.

Any recommendation for sub INR 2.5K router not made in China?

If you are looking for long term openwrt support, A slightly costlier option will be

During sale season price for this drops to 3999/-. This has 128mb flash and 256mb RAM.

4K I can do. Waiting for a deal. Any other routers to look out for. Sub 4K

get a mikrotik and you are good to go - infact get 2 for wifi ap/repeater mode.

the e5600 is dicey. i would rather stick to a refurb e1200/e900

First time I am hearing about mikrotik. Any reasons to prefer them? After Sales?

I heard ASUS is good too. In terms of firmware and stability. (a bit pricey compared to TP-Link/D-Link/etc)

New e1200 is at 1620 after 10% coupon : https://www.amazon.in/Linksys-FBA_E1200-AP-Wireless-N-Router-Black/dp/B00AAU54TW?th=1
e1200 is 2.4ghz but custom firmware up-gradable
however if wired you dont need 5ghz or custom firmware
mikrotik would be plug and play and work better and gives you routeros to play around if needed. all you need is 300mbps wifi and gig eth ports and you are good to go...

Last edited:
I have got C6 v3.20 and while I knew that their performance has been reduced to promote "One-mesh" technology, it depends what are your demands from router. If it's simply range(very high), get Mercusys Mr50G. It has AC1900 and range is its USP. C6 V2 is still a good buy if you can get one
For me C6because my house size is modest ~580 sq feet. I am using it as an AP. Now my entire flat is covered with 5Ghz. Earlier, Nokia 2425G would not give that much range in dark spots. Also don't know if openwrt support will be there but not a deal breaker for me as my main motive was coverage, max speeds and dual core processing for future proofing.

Ubiquiti UAP AC Pro is what my recommendation will be. It is going to last you a long time. They have an official webstore in India now.

Back