Wifi Coverage for the entire house

Guys,

My cousin stays on the 3rd floor of his house, where his PC/Modem is currently setup. He's looking for a wifi router which can provide good signal in all floors of his house.

I was thinking of a wifi router plus 1 or 2 repeaters depending on the signal strength. Does anybody have this sort of a setup at home?

Would really appreciate your help in sorting this thing out!

Thanks,

I think for a 3-floor setup you'll require a twin-antennae modem+router/wifi router only on the second floor

Although as the PC/Modem is currently setup at the third floor you'll need two single antenna repeaters on the second and first floor or a double antennae wifi router on the second floor for decent network coverage.

Anyways wait for others to comment

you will need to setup Bridges.

I would suggest, one router at center of house on each floor. And use Lan cable to connect routers together. This is how I would do it. there may be better ways to do this, so wait for others to reply

So do you guys think if we put in a twin-antennae modem+router/wifi in the 2nd floor & just install two basic repeaters on the 1st & 3rd floor, we'll have enough coverage?

I have an exact similar setup like you are planning..i have netgear wdnr3300 N router with 2 repeaters...one in each floor...this gives good signal in every part of the house...total cost netgear wdnr 3300 costed rs 60$ and old apple airport express 90$ and old netgar wg302 50$..perfect septup using this 3 yrs with no probs

Back