Wifi N Router Required

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Looking for a Wifi router which can provide a good range. Already have a wifi router given by Airtel but sadly it's range sucks big time.

So planning it to use it as a ADSL Modem and connect a wifi N router to it.

Router will be in the first floor and it has to pass 3 walls and reach a room in the ground floor :p.

Budget 2~3k ? Lesser the better.

floor plan :ashamed:

[attachment=8489:14943.attach]

Totally some 1700~1800 sq.ft per floor.

Attachments

• wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 132
^Supra, i have updated my first post with a rough floor plan. Will the above posted models be enough ?

bottle is suggesting me to get one or two wifi N router and use them as repeaters.

I have almost the same layout requirement but on the same floor additionally I am looking for a usb port on the router where I can plug a usb data card (modem) & use that when airtel network goes down.

Since I am new to routers don't even know if routers provide such usb plugging ability or not, please suggest.

Another question I have is do I need a router or an access point since I need to connect only 2 desktop, 2 mobiles & 1 laptop.

you get high power version of buffalo.model no. is same with nh in place of n.

It has better layout of antenna's/

you can turn and twist them to direct the signal.

and it is inbuilt gigabot router as well as usb port.

also its default ddwrt running router.

added bonus is , if you flash it with european firmware,you can share your 3G datacard over wifi.

aLso make sure all your devices are on Wifi N.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The Nfinitiâ„¢ Wireless-N High Power Router & Access Point WZR-HP-G300NH

this is the one I bought for my home which has similar layout of around 1500-1800 sqft per floor but I have three floors out of which I am planning to cover two residential floors with this router.

and as this is gigabit router in built,In future upgrades,backhaul wont be limited by 100mbps ethernet .

I plan to use it as NAS box and router so i can share all stuff over 2-3 androids and 2-3 laptops and one desktop serving as back up with network share.

^I am planning to order it by 15th July. So if you happen to get it by then kindly post a initial impression of the device :)

Ordered it from Amazon or somewhere else ?

sure,

I will post my initial impression.

I got it on ncix canada.

it should come by friday or so.

I will post its short review

try E3000 if out of budget

try E2000

very stable and customizable with dd-wrt

reviews suggest no restarts for 6/8 months

good range also

any of laptops or equipment which you intend using has WIFI N

then with E3000 make 2 networks 2.4 and 5 ghz