WiFi on bridge

flash23

Adept
Hi guys im in a limbo here, please help me out.
I enabled wifi on my dlink 2730u with the setup in pppoe mode, which I have come to know is necessary for providing internet on wifi.
But the problem is that I have a bsnl night plan, for which free download period is from 2am to 8am, but having an always on connection usually causes the session to end at a round 820am. So the usage from as around 740am to 8am gets counted in the chargeable period since its corresponding session gets over a after 8am. This caused around 150 mb of unnecessary daily usage and a thousand rupees extra in bills.
The only solution I have in mind to fix the bills is to use the connection in bridge mode and then make that available through a wifi dongle. But this makes the wifi feature in my modem-router useless.
Can anyone provide a better solution for the problem?
What I ideally want is to have internet on WiFi which is controlled by dialer on the pc like in bridge mode so I can easily control the internet connection.

Does your app not have some scheduling option to stop activity at 8 am ?
The app is scheduled to stop activity at 8am. But the problem I think is of the isp internet session.
Check this log snap, specifically the records in red. I have a task to shut down pc at 8am but it seems that the internet session continues well beyond 8am.
Probably rebooting the modem just before 8am will help in killing the session.
upload_2014-4-6_21-33-45.png

this method might help (though looks a bit complex) ...
Thanks seshu the modem rebooting part is just I was looking for. Hope it might help the situation.

Back