Wifi router for two PPPoE dialers

rockinruler

Disciple
Hi,

My friend's ISP needs him to use two separate dialers to connect to the internet and to connect to DC++ respectively.
He is now planning to purchase a wifi router that would allow him to use the internet and connect to DC++ at the same time.

So would the conventional routers server the purpose for him? Or does he need to buy one from a specific set of routers?

Btw, if it helps, his ISP is RajeshNet from Ghatkopar, Mumbai.

no, I don't think one router will work, 1 router can only be used to login to any server be it PPPOE / PPOA etc one at a time. so it wont work... he'll need different routers.

aasimenator said:
no, I don't think one router will work, 1 router can only be used to login to any server be it PPPOE / PPOA etc one at a time. so it wont work... he'll need different routers.
Me too strongly think that this is not possible, and he may need to configure the router in nested format, like the first router will connect to internet, and the 2nd router connected to it, will dial the next connection he need. Not sure this will work...!! Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Krish and Assimenator, thanks for the replies :) I don't think he'll go for two routers though.

Prole, he isn't using Fivenet :)

On a side note, I am.

Why not go for a switch + Router combination? I have not tried it but in theory I beleive it should work...

Internet connection from ISP -> Switch - 1. PC

|_ 2. Router

The_Falcon said:
Why not go for a switch + Router combination? I have not tried it but in theory I beleive it should work...

Internet connection from ISP -> Switch - 1. PC

|_ 2. Router
Well, actually @OP asked about dialing two connections, and switch aren't able to dial.

well i too need a answer to this here are some tech spec

I called up to the isp and asked them to suggest me a router but the thing is he will not provide information for two dial up..
Mostly affordable are

ASUS Wireless-N DSL Router Wi-Fi 150 Mbps RT-N10+ 1345

TP-Link TL-WR740N N150 Wireless N Router 150MBPS 3Yr WA 1,249.00

Tenda Wireless N Router Multimedia/HD - eXtended Range 1,100.00

AirStation N150 Wireless Router WCR-GN-AP Buffalo N-150 1,088.00

Edimax BR-6324NL Wireless Broadband N150 Router 3 Yr 1,325.00

TP-Link TL-WR741ND 1,999.00

TP-Link TL-WR841ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router 2,100.00
(I might be wrong in selecting some routers please do check if u are serious)

Do check i got this quotes from ebay.in

Also i think it is same conf for rajesh net, world net, fivenet, pacenet am i correct ?

I still think it is not possible to dial two PPPOE connection through router.
How ever it will be best if he dials only the internet connection and use DC++ as required by directly connecting the line to pc.. or router config.

I really hope some one might answer to a solution....

Back