WTB Wifi router with atleast 2 antenna

manohar5321

Disciple
I am looking for a router which can handle atleast 4-5 devices with ease and some media streaming. will need it shipped to hyderabad. max budget is 2000 Rs

NoMansLand

Disciple
You will get loads of options in that budget on amazon for brands like TP-Link, D-Link, Tenda.. your requirements are quite basic and any router can suffice your need. If you are looking particularly for a router with 2 antennae basically to cover a large area.. I suggest getting this.

One of my friends has it and has configured ACT broadband with it. There are always 4 devices connected to it and there have been no issues in streaming, work, or downloads.

Amazon.in: Buy D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router (Black, Not a Modem) Online at Low Prices in India | D-Link Reviews & Ratings

manohar5321

Disciple
@NoMansLand i have tried this this from a friend and does not meet my requirement , I work from home and need constant good stable connection in one room while my parents watch amazon prime in the hall , and 4 phones are always connected via wifi , with this requirement the DIR 615 couldn't hold up and i had issues with my WFH setup , so looking for a stronger and more powerful router.

Another thing to note is the placement of my router , my router is placed on top of a show case my room is exactly behind that wall where the router is and so i dont get a good speed and connection.

captivating

Disciple
I have 4 months old to link wrn940n with 3 antennas and really strong range. Purchased from Amazon.. let me know if you are interested

NoMansLand

Disciple
Then I suggest you go ahead with an Asus branded router. I am using Asus N66U for the last 6 years. It is a triple antennae router and there have been no issues with the number of devices. At any point in time, I have my tv, mobile, office laptop, personal desktop, echo dot, firestick, and a few smart bulbs. I have friends coming over and even when they connect their mobiles there is no lag of any kind.

But Asus branded routers will be above your budget. TP-Link, Tenda also gives high-performance routers at a cheap price but not sure about their performance. D-Link should be a better option performance-wise but not that particular model which I quoted above. You gonna have to do some online research on the router models in your budget, I am sure you will find one. Another option is the Mi Router, it has 4 antennae and fits in your budget. You will also find tons of reviews for it online.

ankushv

Adept
Just my 2 cents OT .
I had a tplink wr841n single band 2 5db antennas . Thinking my performance would be better I upgraded and bought the tplink archer A5 4 5dbi antennas and a dual band router .
I have a 50 Mbps connection . I see no perceiveable difference between the performance of the two routers I have .
Cheers Ankush !

NoMansLand

Disciple
Thats true. Major factors when you see the differences in routers are
Number of devices connected and what each device is doing
Distance
Actual bandwidth.. I think Upto 75 mbps the speed over wireless is fine for any router