Wifi with Triband connection..How?

My friend has a Triband connection...

He wants to be able to surf the net on the PC while his dad accesses the internet using a wifi laptop...

How can this be done?
What equipments does he need to buy in order to be able to do this?
How much will the set up cost approximately....

Thanks in advance.

PS:The PC need not be connected wirelessly. It can have a normal wired connection.

all he needs to get is a Netgear Wireless Router WGR 614 for 1.8k bux.

He will have to attach his ADSL modem to router and then he can connect his pc through a cable (RJ45 , normal lan cable ) to router and his dad can surf using wifi.

So all he needs is a Wireless router :)

I wouldn't recommend the WGR614 though, locks up and overheats a LOT.. really annoying.. Look at some linksys routers, like the WRT54g

slight OT - does this wifi signal pass thru walls? i have 2000Sq feet flat and if the router is on 1 corner, will the signal reach other corner of the house if there is 3-4 walls in between?

yes it will :)

btw it also depends on the construction of your house ... too many walls with heavy metal support and the signal might just not pass through them

i think construction is of bricks more. its like 50 year old bldg. donno.. there comes a passage and rooms connected to passage and i am on the corner room.. its like the rouch diagram below. pc room and dad's room got passage as seen in pic below. will the signal reach from pc room to dads room? there are like 2 big walls possibility in between. passage walls in between too

http://imageshack.us

One more vote for Buffalo WHR G54S , works gr8 over 1000sq feet at my place.

Very much satisfied with my Buffalo WHR-G54S , Thanks to Raghu.

Too many metal obstructions will defintely weaken the signal.

If u want a much higher range then go for the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 works over a range of 2 floors.

Use the Buffalo WHR G54 and it will work. Works for me, quite good range.

BTW Netgear WGR 614 has been quite decent perfomer with me too since last 1 or 2 months. :)

Back