WikiLeaks: UPA govt bribed MPs to win trust vote in 2008

pretttt

Skilled
Another expose from wikileaks. :p
UPA is having a really bad time now...

The cable also says that Mr Sharma's aide showed a US Embassy employee two chests containing cash and said the party had between 50-60 crores to buy votes from different MPs.

Source

Anyways it was for the better, we all know the level of corruption in this country - its in our blood. The politicians will get public money one way or the other, I dont really mind till positive things are being done.

India needed the nuclear deal to go through, and that is what happened.

its time the lifeless PM is shown the door...i feel results of elections in 5 states will be the key here..If cong losses in TN/Ker and WB..it will make matters interesting ..particulary with heavy defeat in TN..

the elections in TN , punjab are total swing factor.
its DMK-AIADMK in TN ,CONG-Akali dal in punjab.
even the politicians in those areas know it and then they do large scams during their tenure.

How can wikileaks be presented as evidence in the court of law ? I find it surprising that the BJP (who are also entangled in this wiki-bs) are using this as a reason to adjourn the parliament, And the congress seems to be having a field day , with pranab talking like he's just swallowed something bigger this time !

This is a bloody joke ! Getting another retired judge on this probe is only going to be loss to the exchequer, considering both the adjournments and the moolah spent on 'investigations'.

I find it really surprising that Mr.Mukherjee says this is the 15th Lok Sabha , and the trust Vote happened in the 14th ? Where's the credibility at ? :|

This was already revelaed in a number of news reports shortly after the trust vote passed. What was the result ?

You voted back UPA :clap:

Back