Wildcraft warranty issue

mk76

Adept
Need some advice Has anyone dealt with Wildcraft for replacement. They are refusing replacement of a bag that had manufacturing defect and was submitted to their center within 2 days of receipt from the seller. The bag was not used and even tag not removed.

Details-
I bought Wildcraft camera backpack pro from Jabong under a deal. On receipt I found that it had manufacturing defect as none of the inner velcro sections were sticking to the walls, thus making it impossible to use.

I checked with Jabong they did not had the bag in stock. At the earliest opportunity(within 2 days) I submitted the bag to wildcraft center. After 15 days, I was told a replacement is arranged. However I was amazed to find that the replacement piece was an open, display piece and was 2 years old manufactured. I refused to accept.

Later I was asked to return it to Jabong if I need replacement and Wildcraft will only entertain repair. This was despite me sharing the fact that the bag was unsued and was with me only for a day.

So all in all, the brand is asking me that they will only repair. Otherwise I should submit it to the reseller if I need replacement. Is that how it should be ?

Wildcraft and many other manufactures are acting up just because their product was purchased online, probably at a discounted price.

You have 2 options -
1. Agree for the repair.
2. Communicate with the higher ups and as well bring this up on social networking places about this issue.

Usually the warranty terms say that the option of replacement or repair will be manufacturer's. But since your bag is brand new, it would be 'fair' to offer a replacement. So the options at hand are the above two. Quick but not fair to you or you will have to fight for replacement.

Unfortunately, this is almost the norm when it comes to warranty issues.

Wildcraft and many other manufactures are acting up just because their product was purchased online, probably at a discounted price.
I also think that is the main reason. Because they are aware that I got the bag at 75% discount. Getting a 5k bag for 1.5k seems to be hurting them.

You have 2 options -
Usually the warranty terms say that the option of replacement or repair will be manufacturer's. But since your bag is brand new, it would be 'fair' to offer a replacement.
Unfortunately, this is almost the norm when it comes to warranty issues.
That's my point. Since the bag is brand new, never used and also not in a condition to be used - should be replaced. It shouldn't matter to them if I bought it or someone gave a gift to me.. as long as a valid bill is available.

When I told their representative that this experience has been disappointing and I will share so that others make a careful choice after knowing pros and cons, she immediately turned defensive and started blaming me that it was my fault and I should have raised the matter with Jabong. My only question - if its a manufacturing defect, whom are Jabong people going to contact eventually...

My bad on discount. It calculates to 66%. Still it was lot.

Entire hiking equipment / sports category was on sale. The price was already low plus 30% additional discount. If I remember correctly Wildcraft Kailash was available for 2000.

Last edited:
Back