Graphic Cards will antibiotic power HD 4670?

sagarahuja

Disciple
I want a good cabinet for Q8400 n HD 4670...i liked Zebby Antibiotic....comes with 500W SMPS...
will it run gud????
I'l OC CPU....but after 1-2yrs....
suggestions/alternatives are welcumed....bt budget is tight and is priority...3k..not more than that...cabby+smps

ThANKS...
Sagar

You need to increase the budget.HD 4670 requires very less power but you also have a quad core so a decent 400W PSU is a must.For cabinet you should atleast get Zebronics Bijli which will cost about 1k.

antibiotic w/o PSU costs bout 1.6k.

and zebby pro 350W sells for 1.6k as well.

can run the quad and 4670, as people are already using the same PSU with HD 4770 and 9800GT.

If u are taking the comp for gaming, then the pairing of a quad with 4670 doesn't sound right...
Go for a Core 2 Duo or a Phenom X3.
Here u save some bucks which u can invest into a better graphics card and a stable PSU to power the rig and for the upgrade bug...:p

antibiotic w/o PSU costs bout 1.6k.
and zebby pro 350W sells for 1.6k as well.
can run the quad and 4670, as people are already using the same PSU with HD 4770 and 9800GT

Antibiotic widout w/0 PSU is diff. to find...
will zebby 500W Platinum or Powersafe 500W work???

In anycase, it probably will power it, though it's definately not recommended.
How come you can splurge on a quad but not spend more than 3k for BOTH the PSU and the cabinet?
Think of it as an investment for your rig.

u guys r ryt...bt srsly...budget is off d way......i can make it 3.5k to max....:)nt a penny more thn tht...:no:

sagarahuja said:
suggestions/alternatives are welcumed....bt budget is tight and is priority...3k..not more than that...cabby+smps

It's 'Welcomed'!!! Please get it spelled right!

As for the suggestion, I'd advise you to keep your system in an open space and not invest in an an enclosure (so long as you dont get the moolah!) and get a decent entry-level power supply like the Zebronics Pro Power 550W/Gigabyte Superb 460W and the likes.

It's 'Welcomed'!!! Please get it spelled right!
:eek:hyeah: You just made me rem...my eng. teacher. She used encircle all such words...:D
thanks...

As for the suggestion, I'd advise you to keep your system in an open space and not invest in an an enclosure (so long as you dont get the moolah!) and get a decent entry-level power supply like the Zebronics Pro Power 550W/Gigabyte Superb 460W and the likes.
Hw much for thm????
n wht abt POWERSAFE 500W n zebronics 500w platinum???
n cabinet???:huh:

sagarahuja said:
Hw much for thm????
n wht abt POWERSAFE 500W n zebronics 500w platinum???
n cabinet???:huh:

Close to 2.7k for the Zebronics Pro Power 550W and around 2.4k for the Gigabyte Superb 460W. Stay away from the Zebronics 500W platinum and the Powersafe PSUs since most Powersafe PSUs're L&C OEMs (There was a better OEM - FSP at a time and the Powersafe 500W silver was a rebadged FSP Bluestorm Silver which was a very good PSU but chances are you wont find those anymore!).

Sadly no cabinet would fit your budget of 3k with the PSU.

Stay away from the Zebronics 500W platinum and the Powersafe PSUs since most Powersafe PSUs're L&C OEMs (There was a better OEM - FSP at a time and the Powersafe 500W silver was a rebadged FSP Bluestorm Silver which was a very good PSU but chances are you wont find those anymore!).

i jst read in some TE forum only.....tht it'll work...

m badly confused nw...:huh:

It would but after a period of usage it might fail! Why would you risk it anyway? God forbid if the PSU takes down your graphics card or the hard drive along with it, you're done for! That's exactly why I suggest you to stay away from those PSUs. Well, it's your PC anyway.

sagarahuja said:
:eek:hyeah: You just made me rem...my eng. teacher.

Hello newbie :p. Since you are new here I am telling this politely. Follow the rules and regulations as they made to be followed. Without order, there's chaos.

We have also seen an increment in the number of posts reading "+1, I agree" or "+1" or "+1, me too.", posts with excessive dots in them "I....want....to...get...." and posts containing SMS linguistics. We will not entertain such posts and these may be deleted or edited without prior intimation.

No disrespect but have to follow the techenclave rules at all costs just like the members. This is a quality tech forum because members have kept it that way, so could you please stop "spitting" dots on a public forum and stop using sms lingo if you want serious help. Read the rules and regulations as they not very difficult to understand

http://www.techenclave.com/site-announcements/rules-and-guidelines-for-techenclave-138399.html

As for hearing from certain TE posts, there are certain people who migrated in this forum recently and start posting crap without any form of knowledge. It is best if you take advices from proper advisers here. I second gannu's advice.

Do keep in mind that if (Read: When) your system is fried because of a substandard psu, the warranty will be voided.

To answer any form of curiosity that people usually have, don't compare old systems with new one because new one give way more performance than the old one, but need cleaner power to function properly.

The Sorcerer said:
Hello newbie :p. Since you are new here I am telling this politely. Follow the rules and regulations as they made to be followed. Without order, there's chaos.
No disrespect but have to follow the techenclave rules at all costs just like the members. This is a quality tech forum because members have kept it that way, so could you please stop "spitting" dots on a public forum and stop using sms lingo if you want serious help. Read the rules and regulations as they not very difficult to understand
http://www.techenclave.com/site-announcements/rules-and-guidelines-for-techenclave-138399.html

As for hearing from certain TE posts, there are certain people who migrated in this forum recently and start posting crap without any form of knowledge. It is best if you take advices from proper advisers here. I second gannu's advice.
Do keep in mind that if (Read: When) your system is fried because of a substandard psu, the warranty will be voided.

To answer any form of curiosity that people usually have, don't compare old systems with new one because new one give way more performance than the old one, but need cleaner power to function properly.

No- Disrespect, it wasn't intentional.:D
Oops! Will surely remember them now.:eek:hyeah:
And about the PSU, I still have confusion, because I got to know different power consumptions of Q8400 and HD 4670 from different sources. I also read certain reviews and forums. Check out the links :
http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/9800gt-hd4850-4830-zebronic-500w-platinum-128830.html
http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/power-requirement-for-hd-4770-a-135446.html

Back