CPU/Mobo Will I get full hd output from GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P through VGA ?

haritr

Disciple
Hi, My friend is having an atholon x2, GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P desktop with 2 gb ram. He is interested in upgrading to Dell 22" Full HD LED monitor. His prime requirement is watching movies in full HD(1080p).Can we get a native resolution of 1080p in this setup?

If we need to upgrade my graphics card what is the cheapest Graphics card that can give a lag free movie playback?
Thanks

Re: Need to know whether i get full hd output from GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P through VGA

VGA can certainly support HD standards. VGA is a hardware standard for display interfaces and supports numerous resolutions including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. In fact, VGA ports often support even higher resolutions.

Re: Need to know whether i get full hd output from GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P through VGA

The best probable answer would be to try downloading a FUll HD clip and playing it on your current monitor (Don't worry about the native res,just play it) and then try to figure out if the frames are skipping.Or even better use FRAPS to record the frame rates.

Now am pretty sure that at that harware configuration the 1080i clip will lag,but do check it out.And reply back.

If you wanna upgrade to Graphics card.The best hit would probably be 9500gt.

it will play full hd without much issue with vga cable.

as you are not playing hdcp protected content,you dont have to worry about this part.

i have the same motherboard and it plays hd videos without any card

so there should be no problems

Motherboard GPU Features & Benefits

300 MHz RAMDAC

Blazing-fast RAMDAC supports display with high, ergonomic refresh rates up to and including 1920x1440@75Hz.

.. which is above the 1080p resolution, so it will do the 1080p reso just fine.

VGA theoretically doesn't have a set limit, its only limited by the GPUs RAMDACs. But since its an analog connection, cable quality and EMI/noise will have an effect, and at higher resolutions its preferable to use DVI/HDMI instead for much better image quality.

Not sure about 1080p playback, but an X2 should manage.

Back