Will Linksys WRT54G2 work for MTNL.

kaps2010

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I have Linksys WRT54G2 router and I have a silly doubt.:S

Right now I am planning to take MTNL connection.:eek:hyeah:

So will this router work for MTNL connection.

Doc Holliday said:
Sure it will.

You need to connect it to the MTNL modem.

Ok.I will need to own the MTNL modem and then only I can connect it,I can't directly connect the ethernet cable to my modem and then get the net through it.

kaps2010 said:
Ok.I will need to own the MTNL modem and then only I can connect it,I can't directly connect the ethernet cable to my modem and then get the net through it.

I think you are confused.

You need to connect

MTNL ROUTER - LAN CABLE - LINKSYS WIFI - LAN CABLE - PC

Well MTNL is providing you net via telephone line...right? You need to connect the telephone line to modem provided by them. Then take the Ethernet cable out of that modem and plug it in to router.

axeman said:
I think you are confused.

You need to connect

MTNL ROUTER - LAN CABLE - LINKSYS WIFI - LAN CABLE - PC

No I got that point,but I was thinking I will not need MTNL router and I can use my Linksys router for my net.:eek:hyeah:

I was thinking I will save the cost of their router by using my own router.:bleh:

Aphro_EVO said:
You need mtnl device for modulation/demodulation only, routing will be done by linksys.

Thanks for that.

So can I purchase the router given by MTNL or I can only rent it because over a long period buying it outright come to be cheaper.

As on the site I could only find the option of renting it.

kaps2010 said:
Thanks for that.
So can I purchase the router given by MTNL or I can only rent it because over a long period buying it outright come to be cheaper.
As on the site I could only find the option of renting it.

yeah even i want to buy the modem, i'm sick of paying them monthly rent.
which modems are compatible with MTNL.

Back