Graphic Cards Will my PC support 8600GT?

Fire Wolf

Disciple
Hey people, I'm buying a XFX8600GT, but I want to know if my (crap) PC will support it or not.
I have the HPa1310in Media Center. It has a P4 2.93Ghz processor, 533Mhz FSB, currently have 768MB RAM (upgraded from the default 256Mb 400mhz RAM), 250W PSU.

I'm going to upgrade the PSU to 400W and the RAM to 1.5GB, but will the processor support the 8600GT? (it will work fine, right?)
Also I want to know if my PC will support Transcend 1GB 667mhz RAM??

Thanks in advance :)

Fire Wolf said:
Hey people, I'm buying a XFX8600GT, but I want to know if my (crap) PC will support it or not.
I have the HPa1310in Media Center. It has a P4 2.93Ghz processor, 533Mhz FSB, currently have 768MB RAM (upgraded from the default 256Mb 400mhz RAM), 250W PSU.

I'm going to upgrade the PSU to 400W and the RAM to 1.5GB, but will the processor support the 8600GT? (it will work fine, right?)
Also I want to know if my PC will support Transcend 1GB 667mhz RAM??

Thanks in advance :)

Ur PC will definitely support it since it has a PCI Express x16 slot.

RAM u can only go for DDR2-400 which i think would be definitely hard to find. U can take a DDR2-667MHz RAM frm ur friend and try it on ur PC before buying one. Just in case it mite downgrade itself and run at 400 on ur system and u are good to go.

PSU needs to be upgraded before going for any upgrade. The processor will support 8600GT and won't be much of a bottleneck considering ur other system components as well.

If a complete revamp of ur config is not possible, just upgrade RAM and get the card.

If your mobo has a pci express slot ( most probably it does ), your system can handle 8600GT . Still games will run fine only on moderate/low settings since your cpu will be a bottleneck . 8600GT is not really very powerful gcard, so it's not like ur cpu will limit it's performance :) .

clown_abhi said:
Ur PC will definitely support it since it has a PCI Express x16 slot.

RAM u can only go for DDR2-400 which i think would be definitely hard to find. U can take a DDR2-667MHz RAM frm ur friend and try it on ur PC before buying one. Just in case it mite downgrade itself and run at 400 on ur system and u are good to go.

PSU needs to be upgraded before going for any upgrade. The processor will support 8600GT and won't be much of a bottleneck considering ur other system components as well.

If a complete revamp of ur config is not possible, just upgrade RAM and get the card.
Thanks for the advice :)

I see that my 512mb RAM is 533mhz, is 1gb 533mhz easily available?

Back