PC Peripherals Will the cost of computer component go up from next month?

Don't know if this is the right forum to ask this question but I heard from a dealer that computer cost will go up by 8% from next month. Is this true cost I am upgrading early next month.

Yep there are chances that prices might go up, but with PC parts and the way distys operate here and supply demand prices keep fluctuating.

True about the budget, but it's highly unlikely that prices would go up... even if they do, it's not going to be a lot higher.

Yes that would be heavy, but nothing is certain... don't worry, stick to your plans unless you have the money for it right now :)

Chaos said:
Well my dealer told me prices of optical drives are surely going down from day after.

Any idea of how much % change is expected ?
I'm looking forward to buy a DVD burner this month, but will wait if % change is more than 10%

PC components have a 12% tax imposed on them.... but whether it will affect prices (which components, on what price etc) is beyond me. Tax men seem to belong to another world.

KingKrool said:
PC components have a 12% tax imposed on them.... but whether it will affect prices (which components, on what price etc) is beyond me. Tax men seem to belong to another world.
Now was that tax imposed now or was it always there.... PC's haven't penetrated even 5% of our population and these idiots already wanna jack up prices..

i never check the Budget announced!!
Please check what the FM announced!!

Who knows- the prices might be going down and the dealer wants to con u into buying now than you buying them cheaper later!!

My dealer did that to me!!
Prices crashed in 2-3 weeks!!
But to think of it again, i didn't have that much time left and am glad i bought my pc then!
But the major price drop hurts a lot!! lol...

I check with another dealer today and he confirmed that prices of computer components will go up from 1st april.:mad:

If anyone has information to the contrary, then plz plz let me know. Thx.

Back