Graphic Cards Will the RTX 3080 work at its fastest with this MB, the Z390 Aorus Elite?

Hi Guys,

My current 2070 is PCI-E 3, and the 3080ti I'm planning to get is PCI-E 4. Will my motherboard take it? Its an Z390 AORUS ELITE with following specs.

The last line is what worries me Slots 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4) 4 x PCI Express x1 slots * The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_3 slot. When the PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x2 mode. (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.) (edited)

I'm pretty sure that it will work, but will it be throttled because of this PCI 3 thingie?

Hi Guys,

My current 2070 is PCI-E 3, and the 3080ti I'm planning to get is PCI-E 4. Will my motherboard take it? Its an Z390 AORUS ELITE with following specs.

The last line is what worries me Slots 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4) 4 x PCI Express x1 slots * The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_3 slot. When the PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x2 mode. (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.) (edited)

I'm pretty sure that it will work, but will it be throttled because of this PCI 3 thingie?
1 or 2 fps here and there.

Pcie or sata or others, they are all backward compatible with marginal or no noticeable performance loss.
In pcie you will hardly notice any difference..

Last edited:
Back