Win 7 issue

Hi,
I am a satisfied win 7 user, but a small trouble on my PC (laptop its perfect :) )
Some times my booting get stuck , further restarts too (most of times)
If i am lucky i will get one restart in b/w go through
If i do a system restore it will work, or some times i need to use advanced options and take a command prompt and run disk check for c:

So i suspect issue here is c: errors which prevents booting, wat to do for this.
Since windows 7 restore goes on and eats my time i cant do the necessary steps to get it solved
(btw safe mod disk check doesnt help as it schedules check aftr my boot seq is stuck).

any pointers?

Looks either ram or Harddisk error here.Try checking Harddrive in bootup mode for corrupted disk.Also do memtest on Ram. These are the basic tests before you try further locating the problem.Moreoften than not these solves it.

To me, it appears more of a hardware issue than a problem with the OS per se. Check your hdd and RAMs as already mentioned.

After long time :)
i solved it , i changed my hard disk mode from IDE to AHCI , now i get a delay in booting occationaly , but it never failed
one more thing i noticed is failure happens if my previous shutdown was forced or has a crash .. i get a few Blue sceen durrng shutdown..

blackprince said:
After long time :)

i solved it , i changed my hard disk mode from IDE to AHCI , now i get a delay in booting occationaly , but it never failed

one more thing i noticed is failure happens if my previous shutdown was forced or has a crash .. i get a few Blue sceen durrng shutdown..
How abt reinstalling the OS? :)

Never got any type of laggy problem with Win 7 H P

Hi,

1. scan the hdd maybe u have an issue with it, use this link:

Chkdsk

2. Check the event viewer for the errors

3. If u can, Pls elobrate more on the BSOD that u been getting

vishalk said:
Hi,

1. scan the hdd maybe u have an issue with it, use this link:

Chkdsk

2. Check the event viewer for the errors

3. If u can, Pls elobrate more on the BSOD that u been getting

I used to do CHKDSK , it used to increase % of boot success, but never assured it

Event viewer error was very generic and i couldn't make anything out of it

as it was just hanging, not crashing at boot.

i am yet to debug on BSOD durring shutdown , i will update it here

Back