Win xp boot screen change

arka

Disciple
Friendz,

I am trying to change winxp bootscreen I have downloaded several ntoskrnl.exe file..........and modified the boot.ini file in the root drive......

the changed cpde be:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Bootlogo" /fastdetect /KERNEL=ntosboot.exe

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

the underlined bold portion of the code is changed by me......It gives me option of 3 OS at startup.......actually I use 2 os win xp and win 2000 pro.

But the bootlogo(as named by me) does not seem to be working,though the new boot screen was alright.

Can anyone give me a suggestion..

p.s. I have renamed ntoskrnl.exe to ntosboot.exe and also changed the code corrospondingly(mentioned in the code)

Yeah make sure you make a backup or something though. Editing Boot.ini may stop Windows from updating. (Especially if you're still on XP Sp1)

1. Create a file boot.bmp (16 color, 640x480) in the windows directory. This is your new splash screen

2. Add a new line in boot.ini. Duplicate a previous line, rename the OS to say "Windows with bootscreen" and add the following switches /bootlogo /noguiboot

Back