PC Peripherals Win Xp Ram Limit To 3.25 Gb

It is quite possible not all of your software and hardware will work with a 64bit operating system. Before you purchase any 64bit operating system you may want to be sure your cards and software support it. I installed the windows 7 on mine but my tv thriller card would'nt work properly. I believe that Windows 7 installed the wrong drivers automaticly. It was that and the software was for 32bit operating systems, which I never got to install because at boot I repeatedly got windows error messages. So I uninstalled the windows 7 64bit and installed the windows 7 32bit and the problem was solved. I downloaded and installed windows 7 64bit several times, just to be sure it was'nt a bad download or install.

Have you guys ever used something like ramdisk?

This kind of app can utilize all the ram space you left under WinXP 32bit!

I use 2GB x 4 Corsari modules and Gavotte ramdisk really save my ass!

I got 3.25GB ram shown in the Windows system and plus I have a extraordinary fast ramdisk at 4.75GB, I set all temp files here to reduce the write/read of hardisk which can protect the harddisk, trust me, this really works.

I here recommend the Gavotte ramdisk for you, it's free and stable.

You can find the how-to over the internet, obviously this utilization is not popular in India, but this wonderful thing should not be neglect in the IT industry.

Once you complete the settings of Gavotte ramdisk. You can test it by uncompress some archives. Remember to set the temp path of the app you use.

Only one word to describe the performance it provideed, Splendid

Download:
Gavotte_RAMDisk_1.0.4096.4_2008-01-25_.zip - Uploaded through Badongo - BADONGO
or
http://orzhd.com/briian/2007/12/Gavotte_RAMDisk_1.0.4096.4_2008-01-25_.zip

yohanns23 said:
I Have Heard Somewhere that win xp offers a total of 3.25 gb of memory limit on the 32 bit version(RAM+Graphics)...Is This True....If So Can Some1 tell me how to remove this limit or should i just upgrade to vista....and if i install vista will all my applications and programs get deleted?....thanks every1:hap2:

x86 Windows OSs use a 10 bit page directory index, a 10 bit page table index and a 12 bit byte index.

The accessible memory space is 4294967296 bytes.

Since graphics card, PCI and other functions have allocated space the availa ble is 4294967295 - dedicated memory = available memory.

There is more to it (process vs system allocation can be adjusted crudely, etc.) however to use more than 4 GB of memory you need a 64 bit OS.

Have you guys ever used something like ramdisk?

This kind of app can utilize all the ram space you left under WinXP 32bit!

I use 2GB x 4 Corsari modules and Gavotte ramdisk really save my ass!

I got 3.25GB ram shown in the Windows system and plus I have a extraordinary fast ramdisk at 4.75GB, I set all temp files here to reduce the write/read of hardisk which can protect the harddisk, trust me, this really works.

I here recommend the Gavotte ramdisk for you, it's free and stable.

You can find the how-to over the internet, obviously this utilization is not popular in India, but this wonderful thing should not be neglect in the IT industry.

Once you complete the settings of Gavotte ramdisk. You can test it by uncompress some archives. Remember to set the temp path of the app you use.

Only one word to describe the performance it provideed, Splendid

Download:

Gavotte_RAMDisk_1.0.4096.4_2008-01-25_.zip - Uploaded through Badongo - BADONGO

or

http://orzhd.com/briian/2007/12/Gavo...008-01-25_.zip

Thats your first post?

Back