Win7 hiberfile.sys [URGENT]

Ga8

Disciple
So the laptop was hibernated, I turned it on and it resumed windows. After about 2 minutes, it suddenly switched off (battery discharged, not charging).. I managed to turn it on again but it didn't resume (error : windows did not shutdown properly). Restarted in safe mode and hiberfile.sys is there and the size is around 2 GB. RAM : 2.5GB DDR2

Now, can I recover the session using hiberfile.sys? Does it store data even after windows is resumed?

When you are about to resume from hibernate, press F8 or F7 (Correct me if I am wrong) and you will be given an option to resume the saved state or erase the saved state and start again.

Another thing I can suggest you try renaming the hiberfile.sys from safe mode or recover console (Yes there is a way you can access other than windows folder from recovery console). Make sure you just rename and not delete just in case if it gives you problem and doesnt let you boot.

hiberfile.sys file size should be equal to size of RAM ... it seems it really couldn't save the file

just delete that file and start normally ... forget the session

Back