CPU/Mobo Winchester idles >40C

techboy

Adept
Hi

My Amd 64bit 3200 Winchester idles around 44'C and motherboard arnd 40C.
Any way to decrease the temperature by increasing fan speed?

it depends on the ambient temperature..it would be 45 degrees on load in perfectly normal conditions ..that would be 25 degrees room temperature.. BTW my s754 2800+ idles at 47 .. and if it gets cool here it goes down to 42.. but good cabby = cool temps..

^^ yeah that would be the killer idea, suck in cool air from some cold place, come running to comp and blow on the proccy, repeat the process till idle temp reaches below 40"c.
wonder what he will do to lower the load temps, hope he wont carry weights during the above process for load temps...

well there is no hardset temp for processors.. you live in delhi. not toronto!!

44C is fine man! .... i used to be in 45c idle. in my small room..with the doors closed...

dont worry too much abt it....

but if ya wanna lower your temps.. but as5 and appply on the procy... also buy a few fans if your cabby supports.. or better buy a good cabby which has good airflow provisions!

and dont worry your procy wont go kaput at 44C.. .. not until you take it to 120C .. :bleh:

I'd say keep ur processor below 55c if possible ... higher temps surely will decrease system stability for long runs .... and the higher heat production might also effect the adjacent mobo components. ...

@crazy eddy

err what abt intel procy's???? 2.4ghz without HT?? my uncle`s procy touches 80C!!!

also hadnt someone done an experimentation on how much heat the procy's can take?? i think they burnt the procy at 120C!!

intels are meant to multitask..they were built to run at high frequencies so that they can be used as a CPU and as a toaster :bleh: and can also be used to make chappathis :S all my friends who didnt listen to me when i told them to get AMD are suffering now because their prescotts are choking now wit heat.. but Rio's prescott runs pretty low temps..idles at 40 odd..thats bloody brilliant for a prescott ..:hap2: and that too on stock cooling!
goes to show that there are exceptions too ...

Back