Windows Windows 10 RS2 – Creator’s update is coming our way !

In the new creators update can anyone tell me how to re-enable the right click -> add to media player list in a folder with lots of videos

[Edit] My bad it used to be for VLC media player. Got it back when i rolled back the update. Wondering is it worth going for the creators update at all

It might also be possible that VLC, MPC HC etc need to add the same via some IDK API thingy. When I select multiple MP4 files - 15 or more, I can see options for 7zip and CRC, but 14 or less, I can see add to MPC HC. The files are a mix of MP4, etc formats.

It might also be possible that VLC, MPC HC etc need to add the same via some IDK API thingy. When I select multiple MP4 files - 15 or more, I can see options for 7zip and CRC, but 14 or less, I can see add to MPC HC. The files are a mix of MP4, etc formats.

Ya finally an unnecessary change by Microsoft.

I remember a time when i used to be excited for a feature update for Windows .

Now its like saying Gabbar Ayega

Is there an updated ISO available yet for this? I mean not the "base" 15063.0 version but some updated one say like 15063.13

I plan to download the full ISO once and use it to update my 3 home installations to save as much data usage as possible :)

Is there an updated ISO available yet for this? I mean not the "base" 15063.0 version but some updated one say like 15063.13

I plan to download the full ISO once and use it to update my 3 home installations to save as much data usage as possible :)
15063.13 is nothing but the security patches. Once you download the base version and install the patches will automatically be downloaded and installed with windows update.

15063.13 is nothing but the security patches. Once you download the base version and install the patches will automatically be downloaded and installed with windows update.

Yeah I know it's just some additional patches, but wanted to avoid re-downloading them 3 times since I was installing on 3 machines, and was worried about the size of the downloads.

Anyways I downloaded via MCT the 15063.0 ISO and updated my laptop and fresh installed on my desktop. The update to .13 wasn't too much of a big download anyway. My third machine is due for me to update as well.

So far so good - no issues updating or fresh installing.

Anyone dual booting (linux) with this version? Today I realised my GRUB multi boot menu went into hiding - meaning PC boots straight to Win10 CU - didn't notice when/how exactly it happened. No real updates in Win or Linux.

I didn't mess around much with my linux setup to cause this I don't think. So I'm going to go ahead and presume this is Win10 bullshit sneaky "bugs" again messing with my EFI partition to set Win10 as default.

Happened again. I fixed the dual boot issue yesterday then while on the PC I rebooted a few times between the two OSes, no issues.

Last thing I did yesterday was to shutdown from Win10. Now this morning when I boot up the PC again it goes straight into Win10. :mad:

Doesn't seem to be happening on my laptop. But there are some differences. Laptop runs Home edition while PC is on Pro. Laptop just updated to 15063.138 while PC is still on 15063.13 even after checking for updates. Laptop is on MBR non UEFI scheme while PC is on GPT+UEFI boot with SecureBoot disabled.

Also, Laptop was an upgrade while PC was a fresh install. And I didn't face this issue for the past month of using the CU in Insider Preview mode.

So it looks like this "Fast Startup" option was the culprit messing with boot options to optimise for Win10 booting. Disabled it and things seem to be OK for now. So far didn't need to mess around with EFI boot options etc. like using that "efibootmgr" tool in ubuntu. Let's see if it stays this way from now on. Sneaky bastids.

What crap. I upgraded as the NIght mode option made some sense.
As soon as it starts Night mode, it makes the display driver crash.
Much wow.

What crap. I upgraded as the NIght mode option made some sense.
As soon as it starts Night mode, it makes the display driver crash.
Much wow.
Sorry, did not come across such issues. It works perfectly fine for me, Try updating your display drivers. That should help I guess

Back