Windows 10 Shutter / Freezes after something if pc was idle. Have to Restart to resolve.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
As the title says, Windows 10 Stutter/Freezes after something if the PC was idle. Have to Restart to resolve. This is a fresh installation on a new 2 TB SSD. Have been facing this issue from day one. First I thought that this is due to the CPU temp. but Temps are under control.

Once restart, PC acts normal.

When it freezes, note the time and after reboot look for relevant events in event viewer..
That's the dilemma. if normally used. it won't shutter. else it shutters. and when it started I have no idea as pc was IDLE. now, what to look for is also the question!

The power plan is on high or ultimate mode as its desktop. reset I was not able to find anything specific.

Is it happening on your primary build or 2nd?
Also, what recently changed in your system, win updates, display driver, other drivers or any hardware?
Lots of things need to look into.

Is it happening on your primary build or 2nd?
Also, what recently changed in your system, win updates, display driver, other drivers or any hardware?
Lots of things need to look into.
2tb as primary SSD for c drive only. and I cleaned the system while which I removed the LQ and reinstalled it. Temps are also ok. no issue on that part. so confused. I think it also happens on old SSD.

If you are using Samsung SSD, try installing its driver and check once. Any USB device apart from KB/Mouse? if so remove and check. Also default you bios to check. Update your chipset driver once.

If you are using Samsung SSD, try installing its driver and check once. Any USB device apart from KB/Mouse? if so remove and check. Also default you bios to check. Update your chipset driver once.
I have lots of usb devices attached XD I have my doubt about something related to hibernation sort of things. all drivers for OS and device were reinstalled.

Try diagnosing the issue by removing your current SSD and using a separate one. See if the problem is fixed. If it's fixed, then the 2 TB SSD is probably faulty

I have lots of usb devices attached XD I have my doubt about something related to hibernation sort of things. all drivers for OS and device were reinstalled.
I had one similar issue. When system went for hibernation (it can happen if you leave it idle for some time) it would crash. I narrowed down the issue to my TPlink BT adapter. TP link folks gave me special drivers which resolved the issue.

But do check the issue in Event Viewer first. Rt click on start > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System. I'd be surprised if the windows haven't logged the issue there.

I had one similar issue. When system went for hibernation (it can happen if you leave it idle for some time) it would crash. I narrowed down the issue to my TPlink BT adapter. TP link folks gave me special drivers which resolved the issue.

But do check the issue in Event Viewer first. Rt click on start > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System. I'd be surprised if the windows haven't logged the issue there.
will keep an eye on it!

Back