Windows Windows 10 Technical Preview.

I wonder why I faced no issues with the first preview. Everything worked fine. ATI Drivers, Asus Xonar DX Uni Xonar drivers (modded). Only thing that didn't work was Kodi so I switched back to XBMC. Apart from that zero issues. I removed it because there was/is no way of disabling updates and it used to update a lot and I don't like to wait for my pc to shutdown after 10 mins.

All this positive talk made me interested in downloading Windows 10 :D.

Many people do not like Windows 8, but I do, and I really think it is a step forward from Windows 7. Windows 7 is good too, but Windows 8 is certainly better, and more streamlined. I was waiting for Windows 9, and happy that it would be a free upgrade to Windows 8. Was disappointed to know that it wasn't coming, and instead Windows 10 will be the next OS, and it will be until a few months in to the next year to be released.

I hope that Windows 10 will be free for Windows 8 users.

Off to search for the link to download Windows 10 :D.
10 is just a name MS gave to the 9 you were thinking will come out. Windows 10 is windows 9 :p Think like that.

just a few but it has different view from 9926 ,folder icon, drive icon all are changed. has a transparent start menu but what I like most is network connectivity flair. now i can directly connect my network without go into setting.:)

just a few but it has different view from 9926 ,folder icon, drive icon all are changed. has a transparent start menu but what I like most is network connectivity flair. now i can directly connect my network without go into setting.:)
Ahh, that network thing would be great. Was a pain in the a** in 9926.

There have been huge changes since 9841, Have you selected the "fast" update option in Update and Recovery?
No. I don't think I have that option in 9841.
a.jpg

I downloaded 9926, made a bootable USB drive, just randomly restarted PC and it just installed on it own! Running 9926 now which is even faster than previous build. How did you guys get 100xx? :eek:

Nobody posting updates about Win10 lately??? I guess we're all waiting for further updates past the latest 10130 build...

Did you see the news about testers possibly getting the final build for free? See https://www.thurrott.com/windows/wi...-announces-changes-to-windows-insider-program

Impressed by this Windows Hello thingy. It works very nicely with the fingerprint reader on my 7+ year old laptop - I just swipe my thumb and it logs me in after displaying a little "Hello..." greeting! Too bad I can't (or don't know how to) get Cortana running to be able to play with its voice recognition.

Was earlier afraid Win10 won't work on either my desktop PC (Core2 Quad Q6600 on Intel DP35DP mobo) or my laptop (with AMD Turion64 x2 TL-58 CPU) both being more than 7 years old and online sites saying it requires newer CPUs with the CMPXCHG16B instruction, but it seems to be working fine.

Currently running build 10130 inside VMware Player on my desktop and on bare metal on my laptop - just the bare OS without any additional apps.

Back