windows 7 64bit installation problem(amd processor and gigabyte motherboard)

hey guys i recently bought a new rig AMD phenom 2x4 965BE and motherboard is gigabyte ga880gm ud2h. along with 2gb of ddr3 ram.

the problem was
when i tried installing windows 7 64bit it used to show the initial screen saying transferring files and later showed starting windows and then the windows screen used to show up ,where it generally prompts to enter language etc. this is where my screen used to freeze, when i tried installing windows xp it used to install fine.
later on i had to alter some bios settings which i did on trial and error method and my copy of windows7 installed fine.
i want to know why this problem occurred
IE: win XP installed fine without any problem and changes to bios , where as win7 did not??
i have fixed my comp now, just posting this to find out the reason that i had this weird problem and to let other members know that this problem may occur:-(((

i changed my master 0 to cdrom/dvd

made slave 0 1 2 3 and master 1 2 3 to none.

then changed sata port or somethin like that from ahci to native ide. still dono why this worked

and changed few other stuff not sure what all cause as i said was trial and error. so dono what the default settings were.

are u experiencing same prob? if yes will post my bios settings properly by tue evening:)

This is a known problem, you need to change from ahci to ide to make it work. Infact you can't even get to recovery option when ahci is enabled.

rahul.p.kamath said:
i changed my master 0 to cdrom/dvd
made slave 0 1 2 3 and master 1 2 3 to none.
then changed sata port or somethin like that from ahci to native ide. still dono why this worked
and changed few other stuff not sure what all cause as i said was trial and error. so dono what the default settings were.

are u experiencing same prob? if yes will post my bios settings properly by tue evening:)
not facing any issue, just want to know what you changed as you want to know the reason for problem.
so, to give any solution first the problem should be understood properly :)

rahul.p.kamath said:
i

Home users really dont need ahci, ide is just fine.

you need ahci if you are running a server.

I was facing the same problem with my board and I almost got the board exchanged but when I decided to try it one last time it installed albeit taking really really long ....

Back