windows 7 broadband Issue

Hey guys i recently upgraded to windows 7 and strangely my net speed has gone bad i now get 10KBPS with IDM i checked it against another system with windows XP and it works fine so its not the modem or the ISP issue has anyone has the same issue plz help.................

i suppose automatic updates have not been configured and by default the latest updates are being downloaded in the background.

recheck.

It cannot be due to the fact that you upgraded to Windows 7.. most probably something is going on in the background. Your ISP doesn't know/care what OS you are using!! :p

tel us your isp plan. Try another download manager and see. Also try to keep all browsers and IMs closed and then resume you current downloads. I hope your antivirus too is not updating in background.

FYI if your are downloading from megaupload/rapidshare your wont get any good speeds on a free a/c So try any downloads atleast of 5mb from softpedia or cnet.

xxESvenomxx|SoM said:
Hey guys i recently upgraded to windows 7 and strangely my net speed has gone bad i now get 10KBPS with IDM i checked it against another system with windows XP and it works fine so its not the modem or the ISP issue has anyone has the same issue plz help.................

Do normal websites (for example this portal), also take longer than usual to render..?

^ Umm, you do understand that what you are doing makes no sense whatsoever. Switching back to Windows XP is not the solution to this..

Can you do download tests on speedtest.net and post the results back here?

xxESvenomxx|SoM said:
yes mate its slower thinking abt shifting back to XP now:(

Are you completely out of your mind ? Don't talk crap and non sense things

Your ISP is having the problem due to snapping of some Undersea cables.

Undersea cable system repair may hit Internet service in India-Internet-Infotech-The Economic Times

http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/slow-internet-look-in-here-165175.html

More people are also facing the same problem , even I was facing the same problem till yesterday when things turned to normal yesterday.

Those people are also not having problems because they have Windows 7. I mean this is the height of non sense and noobish talks. It won't be a surprise to me if your HDD corrupts or monitor goes black , and you'll blame it on Windows 7

Jeez , grow up man. Aal Izz Well

Try to set you LAN configuration again, as per your service provider. I doubt you have low speeds due to Win7. I faced no issues when I moved from XP-->Win7.

This could be a windows 7 issue because of the incompatible drivers / LAN configuration as the problem disappear on a different OS (As per OP)

Mandatory things for the diagnosis are..

1. Modem model number.

2. Interface with the system RJ45 / USB.

3. Drivers version.

4. Internet service provider.

Speed test results on speedtest.net as suggested by "madnav"

Back