Windows 7 Installation Help

utkarsh86

Disciple
Hi guys,
I have an E8400 and an Asus P5q with 2gb ram (Ill be upgrading to 4 this week) with an HD 4670.. I have been using a Vista 32 bit system for 2 years now.. Now i have bought Windows 7 i get 2 options x86 based install which is 32 bit and x64 which is 64 bit.. Can anyone help with which one i should go with does my configuration allow me to install 64 bit.. I mean is it a 64 bit processor ??..

All help is appreciated as im a little technologically challenged with all this

of course you can install 64bit... You can install any of them as per your need.. It seems you're planning to upgrade your RAM to 4GB then go for 64 bit.. It will use all the ram and system will be faster :)

Yes you can very well install the 64-bit version on your PC. However if you are not planning to upgrade your RAM then it's of no use IMO. Besides before installing check that you have all the drivers of 64-bit. Otherwise you might face a few problems with that.

64 bit drivers are slowly but steadily been improving . so dun worry abt drivers and make sure to install another 2 gigs of ram in your system .

I hope right now most of the drivers install in x86/program files im guessing that means they are meant for 32 bit systems.. Hope this system will give me no problems thanks for all the help

Back