Laptops Windows 7 Pro not installing

viva1986

Disciple
I have dell latitude e6420 laptop and intel 180gb ssd. When i try to download windows 7 pro then no drive is showing and it is asking for the drivers of mass storage drive, which i also tried. After loading the drivers drives are not showing again.
I also tried to download the windows in the same intel drive on another dell latitude e6420 laptop(i.e. i have two of them) then same thing happens again.

Please note that i cannot do anything through BIOS because it is locked and i dont know the password. I purchased this laptop second hand from a dealer and these are imported from US hence i am unable to unlock its bios password.http://s582.photobucket.com/user/Matthew_Palmer7/media/Mobile Uploads/20141217_162845.jpg.html

i don't know how to solve your driver problem but if resetting the BIOS will let you move forward, then you can do it thru the "password reset jumpers". it's very easy... you just need to open the laptop and reset the appropriate jumper. checkout Dell support site or on google to know the location of this jumper.

1. is there any drive encryption going on?
2. Are you able to access the hard drive when using live linux?
3. Have you tried creating a new USB different from current one?
4. Are you using ISO downloaded from MS website?

Please try with Windows 10. Mostly is an issue with SATA drivers.

Alternatively, press ctrl+F10 during the installation and run diskpart and check if disk is visible.

i have already tried the diskpart it is not visible and i used it as usb drive with my other working laptop and all the partitions are visible.

^^ i am not using iso from ms website.

Update-:
now i installed windows using new ssd then there is no problem this time. Now problem is in old ssd, it means it is not taking windows installation. What should i do now?[DOUBLEPOST=1468731788][/DOUBLEPOST]Can anybody suggest how can i repair my ssd?

Last edited:
Back