Windows 7 Question

Aladdin

Adept
A friend of mine wants to install windows 7 on her computer but dont have a DVD drive. If she gives me her hard drive and i put it in my computer and then install Windows 7, will it work fine on her computer?

The hardware of her computer is quite old, so will it work? :huh:

Old computer! How old? Does it meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 7? Check it out here: Windows 7 system requirements

If she doesn't have a DVD drive, you could plug in yours to install the OS or if her computer's BIOS supports boot form USB, you could put the setup on a USB drive and then install it form there. Drivers shouldn't be a concern with Win 7 AFAIK. Good Luck!

Windows 7 supports installation from the USB drive, so better copy all its contents to the pen drive and then boot from usb. I tried to install in my laptop but connecting my laptop's hdd to my pc and installing windows in it and then connected that hdd to my laptop but windows was quite unstable, so i took usb method since I'm having netbook and it don't have disc drive.

system requirements states da setup needed for stable working...
but ppl have managed to install and work win 7 on a p3 setup...:eek:hyeah:

No it won't. The difference in hardware will cause issues. With 512mb you just might be able to run it but with all the eye candy turned off.

Your best option is to boot from USB if her BIOS supports such a feature or else lend her your DVDRW :)

Aladdin said:
A friend of mine wants to install windows 7 on her computer but dont have a DVD drive. If she gives me her hard drive and i put it in my computer and then install Windows 7, will it work fine on her computer?

The hardware of her computer is quite old, so will it work? :huh:

No need of even booting from USB drive, just copy the DVD contents to USB, then directly run the setup from it. It never asks for DVD after restarting while installation.

Back