Windows 7 RTM begins rollout August 6th

sohancool

Disciple
According to the official Windows blog, OEMs will be able to get it approximately two days after the OS goes RTM, and beta testers who are already subscribed to TechNet can download RTM shortly after it happens for free. Independent software and hardware vendors can download via Microsoft Connect / MSDN on August 6th. Same goes for MSDN-subscribed developers and IT Professionals with a TechNet account, but only the English language version. Microsoft Partner Program Gold / Certified members can join the fun August 16th via Microsoft Partner Network portal on the 16th, and Action Pack Subscribers on August 23rd -- both also English only. All other language versions for those groups are due out by October 1st.

Source
Windows 7 RTM begins rollout August 6th, OEMs and some beta testers to get early headstart
When will you get Windows 7 RTM? - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog

once again, even though its highly likely, you cant jump to conclusion that is the final build string:

7600.16385.090713-1255 is confirmed as the official RTM build, according to Steven Sinofsky "today after all the validation checks were met, we signed off and declared build 7600.16385 as RTM."

the quote itself makes an assumption that the partial build string quoted by sinofsky = the full string... what noobishness

vishalrao said:
once again, even though its highly likely, you cant jump to conclusion that is the final build string:

the quote itself makes an assumption that the partial build string quoted by sinofsky = the full string... what noobishness
ok got it, will wait a few more days :)

Dude just one query to all of the 7 users out here. Are there any driver / softwares / gaming related issues with 7 yet? Because I am thinking of using it as my primary OS.

(Pointing at the x64 build)

^^ I've been using Windows 7 as my primary OS since the beta release. I've had no issues with drivers or softwares. I'm not really a gamer, so can't comment about games.

Edit: Oops. Sorry, I didn't notice the x64 thing.

Back