Windows 7 sleeps @ 2 AM automatically everyday :O

kuld33p

Disciple
Guys, I use Windows 7 Ultimate and for no rhyme or reasons it just goes into sleep every night @ 2

I have checked every possible settings and don't know what is wrong.

Does anyone has any idea what is wrong with my PC. Why is it so sick? :p

Thanks
Kuldeep

PS: Is there anyone else who is facing this weird issue.

i had a similar issue before .. especially when i use to download torrents overnight ! Solution :

1.go to control panel >> search " power options "

2.now select balanced and click on change plan settings

3.now under put the computer to sleep option -select never and ur done :)

Hayabusa said:
i had a similar issue before .. especially when i use to download torrents overnight ! Solution :

1.go to control panel >> search " power options "

2.now select balanced and click on change plan settings

3.now under put the computer to sleep option -select never and ur done :)

I believe I've checked it for sure. But will give it a try again.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

JayMathers said:
Check if you have a sleep time-stamp in BIOS.

Even I doubt its something in BIOS because as far as OS goes, I've turned in upside down and haven't found anything in it. I may have done some changes in BIOS while I was figuring out how to wake sleep my PC with MCE Remote. Gonna check it for sure. Would do default for tonight.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

adi_vastava said:
Nice title, :p

You might be using the default power saving options. Check in control panel and customize it.

Na re. I am absolutely sure about it.

Thanks for the title, was not sure what to write :p

PS: WTH, what happened to the thread and my replies :(

Or maybe your PC has gone sentient... pretty soon, it will take over you and start planning world domination. Could be one of the Skynet's sleeper agent, waiting for the orders from mothership. :p

sukant said:
Do you use IDM , my idm had autosleep configured at 3 am in morning and used to sleep at 3 :)

No, never used IDM.
iGo said:
Or maybe your PC has gone sentient... pretty soon, it will take over you and start planning world domination. Could be one of the Skynet's sleeper agent, waiting for the orders from mothership. :p

hmmm... may be.. because there is one more problem that frequently occurs.. and that is http://www.techenclave.com/operating-systems/windows-7-running-fast-forward-mode-173776.html skipping the time :p

Back