Windows 8 Scheduled to Arrive in 2012

! 0 t A

Skilled
107651_matter.jpg

At the Professional Developers Conference 2009, Microsoft announced public beta of Office Professional Plus 2010 productivity suite. In all the fanfare, Stephen Chapman of Microsoft Kitchen managed to grab a Microsoft roadmap pointing next Windows operating system's arrival.

Microsoft launched Windows 7 on October 22 and now the plans of Windows 8 roadmap were spotted on the Interwebs. The successor to Windows 7 is tentatively codenamed as Windows 8 and is expected to be next "Major Release" in 2012. On the contrary, Windows 7 is being treated as "Release Updates" - to what? Maybe the wild Vista code.

This means there will be a three year gap till next Windows Operating system and their rival Apple believes in keeping two year gap - between Leopard and Snow Leopard. In these two-three years, both OS-making giants want the consumers to get used the new technologies incorporated in their OS and be ready for new ones.

Before you start making Windows 8 features wishlist, start using Windows 7 extensively and then list down what you wish to see next. Obviously, Gamers would love to go for DirectX12 and who knows what would be incorporated in it.
107651_windows8roadmap1.jpg

:hap2::hap2::hap2::hap2:
Source : Techtree.com India > News > Software > Windows 8 Scheduled to Arrive in 2012

Along with :

Team fortress 3

Portal 3

Half Life 3

Call of Duty 9~10

Left2Dead 4

It would be cool if it was called something cheezy like :

- Windows - Anhilation Edition

- Windows - Last Editon

- Windows - Ultimate Edition

- Windows - Mayan Edition :p

kekerode said:
Windows 8 is suppose to be 128-bit OS ... I read it somewhere long time ago

I hope you were kidding.. there is no 128bit processor architecture in place that I know of.. surely none in commercial production so making a very commercial OS do something like that is not going to happen.

What I did hear though was that Win8 will be x64 only. About freaking time if you ask me. Software and Hardware vendors have been delaying the transition with their laziness. The 16bit to 32bit transition was a lot smoother albeit in large part due to the small number of users and vendors at the time.

Anyway, I've been using Win7 since the early betas. I must say that there are still a lot of things I'd like to be added that I've been requesting for years. Seems the Aero Taskforce isn't working all too efficiently.

/me considers dropping in a mail to the folks at Redmond :p

John Anderton said:
I hope you were kidding.. there is no 128bit processor architecture in place that I know of.. surely none in commercial production so making a very commercial OS do something like that is not going to happen.

What I did hear though was that Win8 will be x64 only. About freaking time if you ask me. Software and Hardware vendors have been delaying the transition with their laziness. The 16bit to 32bit transition was a lot smoother albeit in large part due to the small number of users and vendors at the time.

Anyway, I've been using Win7 since the early betas. I must say that there are still a lot of things I'd like to be added that I've been requesting for years. Seems the Aero Taskforce isn't working all too efficiently.

/me considers dropping in a mail to the folks at Redmond :p

Do CC to me also kekerode[at]gmail[dot]com :eek:hyeah:

Windows 8 and 9 may support 128-bit architecture

Windows 8 News Windows 8 x128 !!!?? – The next PC revolution has is begun! | Into the Future with Windows 8 News

ashvarybabul said:
Tell them not to waste the time...

We are ending up in 2012...

Are you kidding.... it is Windows 8 that will initialize the 2012 apocalypse. :p

Following the success of Windows 7, everybody will make mass transition to Windows 8... and then one day all computers will freeze at the same time causing mass panic and blackout. And the end of humanity will begin. :bleh:

As for x128... it's total BS rumor. MS took their sweet time to switch to x64 despite processor being available for long time (AMD x64 chips)... even today Win7 is available in 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, despite most of the modern hardware having 64-bit drivers. There is no news of 128-bit processor anywhere near horizon and even if something like that comes by 2012 or 2011, you really think MS will make shift so fast on 128-bit?? Rubbish, I say!

John Anderton said:

hahaha 128-bit os, if you see around we don't even have any 64-bit compatible software still today most of the people perfer using 32-bit os, even if they have i7 tooo:bleh: as my own experience there is not much difference in 32 or 64-bit OS its just the RAM issue 32-bit=3.2GB and 64-bit=unlimited RAM:) and for John Anderton- It may be 128-bit OS in 2012, who knows what these companies like INTEL and AMD experiment with:hap5: as next year we are going to have 32nm architecture:clap:CPU'S so we may have 128-bit processor architecture in 2012 also

! 0 t A said:
Along with :

Team fortress 3
Portal 3
Half Life 3
Call of Duty 9~10
Left2Dead 4

It would be cool if it was called something cheezy like :

- Windows - Anhilation Edition
- Windows - Last Editon
- Windows - Ultimate Edition
- Windows - Mayan Edition :p

You forgot Duke Nukem Forever and Ever Amen!

Back