Windows 8 upgrade query

Heres how to do it:The Solution
Using the key provided to you (MSDN etc.) you will need to run the following in an elevated command prompt –
if you are new to Windows 8, click Start –> type “cmd” –> right-click on a command prompt and select “Run as administrator” in the bottom of the page:
Next type the following commands:
slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
slmgr.vbs /ato
The first command will update the key.
The second command will activate Windows.
Replace the "XXXX" bits with your Windows 8 Key (you do need to enter the dashes and you don't need to surround it with double quotes).
The Original Link: Change Windows 8 Product Key to activate

Recently I've upgraded my OS to Windows 8, my laptop is Packard bell ES TR86 Core 2 Duo T6400, 2 years old but everything works except Intel My WiFi technology. I have Intel WiFi 5100 agn adapter on my laptop. When I had Windows 7 earlier I Could use it as a WiFi Router to get internet on my iphone and other devices. I've used both Connectify and Intel MyWiFi technology, both were working perfectly. But now I cannot, Intel.com says that it is in process of updating the drive for WiFi 5100 Agn Adapter. any other solution for this problem...?

Recently I've upgraded my OS to Windows 8, my laptop is Packard bell ES TR86 Core 2 Duo T6400, 2 years old but everything works except Intel My WiFi technology. I have Intel WiFi 5100 agn adapter on my laptop. When I had Windows 7 earlier I Could use it as a WiFi Router to get internet on my iphone and other devices. I've used both Connectify and Intel MyWiFi technology, both were working perfectly. But now I cannot, Intel.com says that it is in process of updating the drive for WiFi 5100 Agn Adapter. any other solution for this problem...?

It works out of box on my Dad's MSI X340. I even updated the drivers to the latest one on windows 8. What I did was download the Windows 7 drivers only & installed it over windows 8 & it works perfectly fine.

can you please guide me how to upgrade the OS from windows 7 to windows 8 (i am currently having windows 7 home premium 64 bit which came as preloaded with my Samsung laptop).

Back