Windows Bootable CD

PE is something Different. its not XP. its an emulation of XP , an OS running stratight from the CD without installation which can be used to manuplate several Tasks

making an XP unattended CD with Drivers & Updates integrated is different from PE at all. so do not confuse urself .. u need the link i sent u . Its rather THE only link that u need

@mehargags

rishi wants a winxp live cd, rather than an unattended setup, as far as i can make out. Ofcourse, i may be mistaken. :)

@rishi

BartPE should do the trick, as Hacker suggested.

Following is taken from the BartPE FAQ:

# Q: Is there a way to install a program in Bart PE?

A: To add a program you must create a plugin. This plugin is sort of a manual installation of the program.

To create your own plugin (for advanced users) checkout:

* http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/help/pluginformat.htm

* http://www.911cd.net/forums/

Normal users I would advice:

* Search plugin locations: The CD Forum -> PE Builder -> Plugins Repository, oion's gallimaufry : Quick N Dirty : BartPE Plugin Depot or BartPE Plugin Repository.

* If no plugin can be found, try contacting the vendor/author of the program that you are trying to add and convince him that he really should supply a BartPE plugin for his program.

If you are looking for a 'ready-made' solution, try UBCD for Windows. U'll have to manually integrate it with BPE, which is a fairly simple procedure; instructions are available on da site. These are the tools currently provided in UBCD.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
mehargags said:
PE is something Different. its not XP. its an emulation of XP , an OS running stratight from the CD without installation which can be used to manuplate several Tasks

making an XP unattended CD with Drivers & Updates integrated is different from PE at all. so do not confuse urself .. u need the link i sent u . Its rather THE only link that u need

He said he wanted a win xp live cd, nothing about installing xp.

Thx for the link you gave, wanted to do something like that( dint know how to)

Back