Windows Restarting Automatically

Hi guys

My friend has a pblm with his computer.. the comp gets restarted frequently on its own.. The exact place where it gets restarted differs from time to time... Sometimes it is even before boot screen, some times its after the windows gets loaded fully... He uses Win XP Professional... He uses a UPS... The SMPS was changed recently.. So I guess the problem is with the hard disk...

Hmm.. the same thing happened to a friend recently.. I thought i could've been a fan prob, or SMPS or something
On calling a computer technician, the problem turned out to be with his Intel mobo..
Since it happened well within the warranty period, he managed to get the Intel guys to replace his mobo...

my short replied is...there may b hardware failure.........i recently developed this prob.........and finally the hdd came as culprit...earlier it was smps...and once sorry five times it was mobo.....

Watch the event viewer , if possible to start the Xp successfully, or start in the safe mode or with standard VGA driver with the advanced options by pressing F8 before starting XP.Watch the event viewer from the administrative tools in the control panel, you will be able to catch the problem by seeing the system errors, which driver is creating problem while loading.

You can check this in steps...
1. Check the level of heats in ur cabinet/cpu.
2. Check your RAM.
3. Check your video card .
4. Check your HD.
...in that order.

You will find the problem most probably.

Back