Windows XP Startup Screen Gone (Solved)

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
My Windows XP startup screen (the one with WindowsXP logo and moving slider) no longer appears on my computer startup.
I've think its due a recenty installed software called DriverStudio, which had removed the startup screen.Now that i've uninstalled it, but still startup screen does not appear.
Any ideas on how to bring it back :huh:

Thanx in advance

This screen is generated by a file named ntoskrnl.exe located in the system32 directory and XP will not start if it is not present or corrupted - so in your setup it must have been replaced. You could extract a copy of this file from the XP CD.

Hitman said:
My Windows XP startup screen (the one with WindowsXP logo and moving slider) no longer appears on my computer startup.
I've think its due a recenty installed software called DriverStudio, which had removed the startup screen.Now that i've uninstalled it, but still startup screen does not appear.
Any ideas on how to bring it back :huh:

Thanx in advance

well thats graet news u now got rid of that irritating train showing u haw fast xp is and how slow ur rig is.​

Why don't you use System Restore and restore your computer to a previous date when you used to get the screen?? and if this does not work, then do as Eazy suggested....

Eazy said:
This screen is generated by a file named ntoskrnl.exe located in the system32 directory and XP will not start if it is not present or corrupted - so in your setup it must have been replaced. You could extract a copy of this file from the XP CD.

Thanx for the tip, but it dosen't help, I've replaced the ntoskrnl.exe from the CD, still no startup screen.
Also i can not do a system restore bcoz a lot of other things would be restored back and new things be lost as i've uninstalled the software after a month since installing it.

When you use System Restore, it does NOT delete your new files..... There is absolutely no harm in restoring your system... give it a try...

Try if this helps:

The Windows XP startup screen (which shows the Windows logo along with a blue progress bar) can be flat out removed from the boot process with a simple modification of the boot.ini file. This can be edited by going to
Start : Settings : Control Panel : System : Advanced : Startup and Recovery Settings : Edit.
This will give you access to the boot string. Placing a /noguiboot addition to the boot string will remove the XP startup screen - instead leaving a pure black screen when the OS is loading.

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=mediacenterguide&page=4&cookie_test=1

sridhanush said:
Try if this helps:

The Windows XP startup screen (which shows the Windows logo along with a blue progress bar) can be flat out removed from the boot process with a simple modification of the boot.ini file. This can be edited by going to
Start : Settings : Control Panel : System : Advanced : Startup and Recovery Settings : Edit.
This will give you access to the boot string. Placing a /noguiboot addition to the boot string will remove the XP startup screen - instead leaving a pure black screen when the OS is loading.

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=mediacenterguide&page=4&cookie_test=1

Thx, so much i've found the switch and removed it, now screen is back :D

Back