windows7 64 bit screen corruption

ch@ts

Skilled
I've got this weird problem which has just begun on my win7 installation. I get red and green flashing lines either all over the screen, or in the bottom right corner. I thought it was a DVI cable fault, and plugged unplugged the cable, and the problem went away.
But it cropped up again a week later.
Now, when I change the wallpaper, the problem goes away, but returns after a few seconds. If I run a full screen app, the problem goes away temporarily too.
But my system froze, and I reverted back to win xp, and everything seems to be working fine here.
While gaming in win7, I've had a lot of system freezes too, but none in xp.

I prefer win7 to xp, so any help would be appreciated!

If the driver update doesnt fixes the issues then its most likely your hardware (display adapter) at fault. Make sure you windows is also up to date with all the updates including updates for any third party application before reaching to any conclusion. You cannot rule out a issue with system ram either.

thanks guys.
Tried downclocking my gpu ram, and that solved the problem. Guess the problem didn't show up in XP cos the OS doesn't use as much of the gpu's resources as win7.
Will have to rma my graphic card...what a pain....but may be I'll get a free upgrade!

hadn't overclocked the card. It just started failing. Now even the screen in the video card bios comes up as corrupted, but once it gets to the main bios it's fine, and it's ok under windows as long as I underclock the ram.

Back