[WinXP][SP3]windows does not responds after boot and hangs

riturajnitk

Disciple
Hello All,

i am using WinXP SP3 on my laptop with 2GB, 300GB HDD.
I usually leaves my laptop on for longer duration. since yesterday laptop showing errant behavior, now it has stopped responding to even a click of mouse, also even it responds it takes very long time.

i have been using disk de-fragmentation oftentimes.

kindly suggest me something to get my laptop working.

thanks all

hi, how old is your laptop? I cant be very sure but these may be the causes.

1. CPU overheating.

2. HDD bad sectors

3. Software or Anti-Virus issue.

4. Too many Startup services take loong time to load.

Are you facing this issue only once after booting or is it continuous? try booting in safe mode and check if the same problem exists. Check for CPU and other temps. If they are high then send your laptop for servicing.

i also had a same problem with my friend's DELL laptop,

check whether it is over-heating, or if the "RAM is Loose" {only do it at your own risk, if the warranty is over}

Use some utility software like CCleaner or Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC and perform all speed up operations given in these utilities like Temporary Folder Cleaning and Registry Cleaning.

If that doesn't work try going to Start>Run and type msconfig. Go to Startup tab and disable all programs that you think are not essential to run on windows boot and go to services tab and disable all services that you are sure are not useful. But do that carefully as some startup programs and services are needed by OS to run on boot. Click Apply and restart PC.

Third solution I can give that you remove your antivirus and install a lite antivirus like avast or any other and update it and scan the whole computer.

Fourth but less recommended is reinstall your OS. Or for safe side if you have Windows 7 then just insert the Windows 7 Disc and start the setup and select Upgrade option. It will just reinstall Windows important files without deleting your data. But programs may not work as you have to reinstall them.

if you give the config then it would be easier to analyze...

First check for any virus in your system,secondly check whether the procy is getting heated up,third have you opened the laptop for any purpose if so then check whether every connection is correct...

If your laptop has fallen then that could have damaged something...

Hi,

Here's what you need to do.

1. download Core Temp and have a look at the tempratures and even post them here for us.

2. Run scandisk, follow these instructions for windows xp Microsoft Corporation

3. if 1 and 2 are ok and u still have the problem, try booting into safe mode, try looking for errors in the event viewer and see if there is anything pertaining to hdd, if there is, please post the same here.

4. You can also download Download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 11.0.0.1245 [06.12.2011] Free Trial - Another virus scanner and detection software from Kaspersky. - Softpedia and run a system scan for viruses.

Please revert here so that we can help you further.

Back