PC Peripherals Wireless gamepad/joystick for PC suggestions

Detox101

Disciple
Hi.. I am looking for good reasonably priced wireless joystick for my laptop.. I like to play racing games on my 42 inch FHD LED tv with me on my bean bag some distance away from TV... with my gaming laptop Lenovo Y510 connected to the TV via HDMI cable... so folks suggest some options.. @prateekS

Don't know about others but, i've been using xbox 360 controller since 2 yrs.
Its just awesome. Just perfect grip and joystick placement.Everything is just perfect.and very sturdy too.
I have used wired one, but there are wireless ones also available.But you have to get usb infrared sensors too for that.

A joystick is best with games with aeroplanes, jets and such. A gamepad is good with all the other kind of games (racing, third person shooters, stealth, action-adventure etc.) except maybe FPS (if you are not used to it) and definitely not RTS...

My vote goes to xbox 360 controller wireless. Almost no lag, sturdy build, no.1 compatibility with games, supports xinput (google it if you dont know what it is), analogue thumbsticks as well as analog triggers (excellent for driving cars, next best to dedicated steering-brakes-accelerator sub-system). Been using it for 6 years now (one went kaput after 4 years, I am on the second one right now). Supports *most* games out of the box. No drivers needed. Can be converted to directInput using xbcd drivers and/or xpadder/pinnacle (you probably wont need it though, just putting it out there).

I will vouch for XBOX 360 Controller as well. Have been using one for more then 4 years and it still works like a charm. Though i am not gaming more then 16 hours in a week but you will not regret it in any sense.
Though if you are looking for the latest tech then i will suggest you to wait till PS4 is released. It will be compatible with PCs from day 1, and will be worth a shot. It will be priced around 4-5K so see if you can Shell out that much for a Bluetooth/Wireless controller.

AFAIK... wireless controllers operate on infrared or RF... my laptop has neither... so does the external USB infrared sensor/RF receiver come in the box with the controller or do I have to purchase it separately... and in case of third party sensors/receivers... wouldn't there be compatability/calibration issues?? @Aakash @JayMathers @atiamd

AFAIK... wireless controllers operate on infrared or RF... my laptop has neither... so does the external USB infrared sensor/RF receiver come in the box with the controller or do I have to purchase it separately... and in case of third party sensors/receivers... wouldn't there be compatability/calibration issues?? @Aakash @JayMathers @atiamd
When buying,look for Xbox 360 controller for windows/pc as they have the sensors too along with them,as wireless 360 controllers don't work with any other sensors.
If you have xbox 360 controller for xbox, it can also be used with the windows pc, by buying a sensor separately.
And no xbox 360 controller wireless don't work with the laptop's inbuilt sensor.
Cost of wireless 360 xbox controller For windows : Rs 2600/- approx

The xbox controller is worh 2600 and the receiver another 1200... so the total comes to around 4k.. whereas the logitech gamepad comes for around 2.2k... seems like VFM to me... so would be sticking to logitech for now...

When buying,look for Xbox 360 controller for windows/pc as they have the sensors too along with them,as wireless 360 controllers don't work with any other sensors.
If you have xbox 360 controller for xbox, it can also be used with the windows pc, by buying a sensor separately.
And no xbox 360 controller wireless don't work with the laptop's inbuilt sensor.

The xbox controller is worh 2600 and the receiver another 1200... so the total comes to around 4k.. whereas the logitech gamepad comes for around 2.2k and the receiver and its extension cable come inside the box... seems like VFM to me... so would be sticking to logitech for now...

Back