Audio Wireless Headphones/Earphones

Looking for suggestions for wireless headphones/earphones. Not sure about earphones or headphones but leaning towards headphones. Here is what I am looking at -

-Wireless
-Bluetooth
-20 feet range
-Warm/Dark sounding
-Produces tonally rich human voice
-No fixed budget, as cheap as possible, looking to keep it less than 30,000 INR
-110db capable

It is very important that it has a dark sound as I can't stand treble, looking to have rolled off after 4-5KHz. Don't need anything below 50Hz.

Is there anywhere to check its sound?

After some research I have shortlisted the Sony WH-XB910N and WF-1000XM4. Still not decided, looking for similar items. XB910 would be perfect if the treble was rolled off. I will think between these two and look for other options, if someone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

nope. the XB950 is a slightly older model vs the XB910N. Bassier and darker as per reviews. I have a 950AP (wired) and 950N1 (ANC) and love them to pieces. the 950AP is a bass monster with a good amp. sadly not available new any more

the link i shared is for a used piece with damaged ear pads (plus I swap out earpads for used earphones anyway for hygiene purposes)

nope. the XB950 is a slightly older model vs the XB910N. Bassier and darker as per reviews. I have a 950AP (wired) and 950N1 (ANC) and love them to pieces. sadly not available anywhere.

the link i shared is for a used piece with damaged ear pads (plus I swap out earpads for used earphones anyway for hygiene purposes)

Thank you for that ,have never read about headphones so I do not know which models will suit me. Do you think it is possible the model you suggested could be available somewhere with a dealer or is it so old it's pointless to try? I do not buy used items unless necessary, usually when a new (acceptable) equivalent is not available. While I am fascinated by the model you mentioned, if not available new I will probably settle for the XB910 unless something as good as this comes along.

subjective really. Different people have different thresholds, and bluetooth being weird, transmitters and recievers interact in weird ways so its a YMMV situation.
Different studies say its 10-15-25-30ms. But really comes down to what works for you and how the specific equipment combo you are using works - I have had the same headphone have very different lag for two different bluetooth sources.

I see. Is there a guide for aptx ll on Windows? A brief google suggests that it is built into Windows 10. I have a bluetooth dongle on my PC, do I need other hardware/drivers?

software support is not enough. you need a hardware/drivers that supports it - most don't. there is a licensing fee involved and outside qualcomm products, only a few mid-higher end devices support it

Most global headphone models have very low levels because of Euro regulations. You will need to use their wired mode with an amp if you want to go louder

Back