Wireless Headphones

eptheta

Disciple
I hate wires. They're always too long and get entangled easily, or too short to let me lay back on my bed and watch movies.

I'm looking for Over-the-ear headphones that are wireless.

Also, they should be chargeable like a mobile, so that I don't have to replace batteries often like for my wireless mouse etc.

I'm not too interested if it's IR, RF or bluetooth, as long as it has decent range (30 ft is good enough) and has decent sound clarity. (Again, note that I'm not looking for an amazingly clear and perfect quality headphone, that will cost too much)

Any advice ??

Thanks.

Okay, how about <=2k ?

TBH: I'm not looking for perfect audio quality or anything, so I'm looking towards the cheap side of things.

hmm.. well .. sennheiser is out of question for that budget..you can look at creative.. but as far as i remember, they are over the head but on the ear.. dont have full sized earcups.. should be anything around 2K 3K.

noooo... dont take intex, frontech, techcom.. all these are absolutely crap brands.. trust me.. spend a little extra. .even if it means doubling your budget, but dont buy all these brands..

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I guess I am ready to extend my budget quite a bit (that includes doubling it).

Puneet, how often do you think one has to replace the batteries on the wireless headphones you have in mind ? Or is it chargeable ?

nion: I saw those Rs.500 headphones, it was tempting, but I knew they wouldn't last..

the Byte Corseca looks nice although I was hoping for a set that is over the ear (fully covers the ear-- I'm biases towards those because they 'look' more comfortable to wear)

I'm blindly searching through hordes of links on ebay with no clue about reliability, battery life etc.

This one looks nice (the keyword is 'looks') but its some random brand.

This one ([font=arial, sans-serif]sennheiser) also, double my budget though.[/font]

@eptheta

i get what your saying about the rs 500 ones. they dont last. but still they get the job done. here's a review done by one of our own members about mitashi wireless headphones http://www.techencla...less-headphone/

of the two you listed the sennheiser one seems better. it's review's are also good.

i will list some other options for you. not all of them are over the ear:

philips shc 1300

philips shc 2000

dell bh200

sony mdr-if140k

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I guess I am ready to extend my budget quite a bit (that includes doubling it).

Puneet, how often do you think one has to replace the batteries on the wireless headphones you have in mind ? Or is it chargeable ?

nion: I saw those Rs.500 headphones, it was tempting, but I knew they wouldn't last..

the Byte Corseca looks nice although I was hoping for a set that is over the ear (fully covers the ear-- I'm biases towards those because they 'look' more comfortable to wear)

I'm blindly searching through hordes of links on ebay with no clue about reliability, battery life etc.

This one looks nice (the keyword is 'looks') but its some random brand.

This one ([font=arial, sans-serif]sennheiser) also, double my budget though.[/font]

see. my father bought a sennheiser wireless headphone available for around 4K. he just bought it because he quickly needed on e and i wasnt around to advise at that time.. the headphones are decent, and although i havent really tried to calculate the proper operational time because i dont use them much anyway, i am a bit fussy about sound quality and have my AT AD700's, the battery lasts for quite some time.. .say, under heavy usage of about 4 to 5 hrs, it lasts about 1 week. that is, 1 week it gives acceptable sound quality. the headphones do keep working after that, but the volume begins to lack due to low battery and so does the sound quality.

and one thing i noticed, even though the headphones last for about a week, the best sound quality is only had for about 4 to hrs on new batteries. after that, the bass starts to sound laid back.

@eptheta,Bro don't even think about those crappy stuff below Rs 1k. I bought two of these and I regret them.

you could also get one from mitashi or intex for rs. 500. they are ok in terms of sound quality.

@eptheta

i get what your saying about the rs 500 ones. they dont last. but still they get the job done. here's a review done by one of our own members about mitashi wireless headphones http://www.techencla...less-headphone/

of the two you listed the sennheiser one seems better. it's review's are also good.

I'm Sorry bro I don't agree with you the brands you mentioned for around Rs 500 are not worth it.

@eptheta,Bro don't even think about those crappy stuff below Rs 1k. I bought two of these and I regret them.

I'm Sorry bro I don't agree with you the brands you mentioned for around Rs 500 are not worth it.

true.. these are just companies dumping their crappy products in the market.. they have no specialization in whatever they make.. these are just companies that come up because they think the market is quite big and they wont have problems fitting their crap quality products to atleast 1 percent of the market.. and in a market of this size, even 1 percent means a lot of profit.. they just get very cheap parts from china and assemble it.. they have no branding and quality consciousness or any kind of research of their own.. these companies are like the small boats that just keep drifting with the wind direction..

Even the big brands get their products made in china, but they have their own research in the products and quality standards that are very strictly met..

the market is completely flooded with such crappy brands who really deserve to go bankrupt..

Infact I should have thought twice before purchasing a similar make for Rs 500.

The manual also is so crappy. I would rather prefer buying something for more than double but a better product than buying this crap.

I think sennheiser has good models. I saw couple of them in Reliance Digital.

And added to this we have some ignorant fools selling these products who have limited knowledge about the product and it's feature and want to sell this off just coz they get more margin on these products.

Dude i am not telling him to get those. i am just listing his options. at the end of the day he has to make the choice.if it works for him then we should have no problem. also did you see the other brands i suggested or did you not bother to read the rest.

true.. these are just companies dumping their crappy products in the market.. they have no specialization in whatever they make.. these are just companies that come up because they think the market is quite big and they wont have problems fitting their crap quality products to atleast 1 percent of the market.. and in a market of this size, even 1 percent means a lot of profit.. they just get very cheap parts from china and assemble it.. they have no branding and quality consciousness or any kind of research of their own.. these companies are like the small boats that just keep drifting with the wind direction..

the market is completely flooded with such crappy brands who really deserve to go bankrupt..

Infact I should have thought twice before purchasing a similar make for Rs 500.

The manual also is so crappy. I would rather prefer buying something for more than double but a better product than buying this crap.

I think sennheiser has good models. I saw couple of them in Reliance Digital.

And added to this we have some ignorant fools selling these products who have limited knowledge about the product and it's feature and want to sell this off just coz they get more margin on these products.

yes. they are not as good as more reputed company but i have said this before and i will say it again i am giving him his options. final decision is his.

@puneet, andy1978 unfortunately in India these brands dominate, mostly because people are unaware of good sound quality or are too lazy. i suggest them good phones and they are like " kya karna hai itne mehenge ka sirf gaana to sunna hai".

Dude i am not telling him to get those. i am just listing his options. at the end of the day he has to make the choice.if it works for him then we should have no problem. also did you see the other brands i suggested or did you not bother to read the rest.

I see you mentioned about Mitashi and Intex and I was concentrating on not taking these which cost less than Rs1000. I didn't comment about the others.

yes. they are not as good as more reputed company but i have said this before and i will say it again i am giving him his options. final decision is his.

@puneet, andy1978 unfortunately in India these brands dominate, mostly because people are unaware of good sound quality or are too lazy. i suggest them good phones and they are like " kya karna hai itne mehenge ka sirf gaana to sunna hai".

Too be honest even I posted similar query in one of the forums and some had suggested not to go for these cheap brands as they are not good I decided otherwise and went for them both the times with different brand name but around the same price.

So I thought it's better to warn the guy not to buy these.

I don't care about what people in general have to be I'm not just a common man out there who is going to pick up anything at the same time I will give some advice on something that's worth it's price.

They're always too long and get entangled easily, or too short to let me lay back on my bed and watch movies.

@eptheta will you be using these with a pc? in that case go for the sony mw-600. it actually comes with earphones but has a 3.5mm jack to which you can connect any headphones you want. this will give you freedom to roam about plus it can be charged like a mobile.

yaar.. thats the whole point.. even if someone doesnt care about the sound quality, there are still cheaper options available from good brands.. so even though sound quality is compromised in a lot of aspects, atleast the build quality of the product is good and theres a decent level of after sales service.. maybe not particularly in this case.. wireless headphones may not be available as cheap from reputed brands.. but rest, normal headphones, earphones.. etc. everything is available in the cheaper category .. maybe a couple of 50 or 100 bucks more than the crappy brands.. but isnt that a wise decision???? to spend 50 or 100 bucks extra on a good brand than all these brands like frontech, intex, techcom, enter etc etc..

this is what i am putting forward.. people buy all these local brands not to just save those couple of bucks.. they just go the market, and dont care at all at what better option might be available for a similar price..

Maybe this will help, this is my current position:

I currently use one of those generic Rs.200 wired headphones bought from Lamington road.

Build quality is not a big problem: The wires have frayed repeatedly and the jack has broken off more than twice, but I managed to patch it together, and more recently removed almost all the wire and soldered on better ones (and replaced the jack). It looks like sh*t, but it's holding together for now.

The sound quality is far from great, but it's enough if I'm well immersed in something like an interesting movie or Mass Effect 3.

So, for now, I will stay away from the Rs.500 wireless headset, because I don't want to end up fixing it all the time. If the quality is the same as the cheap Rs.200 ones, then that is sufficient.

@eptheta will you be using these with a pc? in that case go for the sony mw-600. it actually comes with earphones but has a 3.5mm jack to which you can connect any headphones you want. this will give you freedom to roam about plus it can be charged like a mobile.

Dude, this is awesome. If you're right about the charging part, then this is perfect.

That said, It wouldn't hurt to have a reliable pair.

Thanks to you guys, I've narrowed down my list to these:

I pad headset (if it can work with a laptop) --3.3k

Sennheiser HDR120 --4k

Sony MW600 --4k (biased towards this one because it seems awesome)

Intex/[font=arial, sans-serif]frontech/techcom/mitashi cheapo headphones --0.5k (last resort if i get impatient)[/font]

These seem incredibly costly (compared to the Rs.200 headphones I have now), but I guess you get what you pay for. Opinions guys ?

Thanks.

Dude, this is awesome. If you're right about the charging part, then this is perfect.

ya you can charge it. it has a micro usb port at the bottom and also comes with the charger in the box.

go for this one. the main reason is like puneet mentioned that with most of the others the sound quality will drop but with this one it won't. also this will last longer than other wireless phones, if of course you handle it properly.

if you are getting the mw-600 do it quickly. it's going out of stock. also it will be closer to 3k not 4k

http://www.letsbuy.com/sony-ericsson-hi-fi-wireless-headset-with-fm-radio-mw600-p-36575

Back