wireless internet

MAGNeT

Skilled
presently i m thinking to get a wireless net solution...i guess ill go with airtel one as many ppl here suggestin.............but i want to know wht speed it offers...........also havin an edge phone is an advantage with the net??also do i need to ask for gprs net or edge net???? and whts the charge.....somone says 150 per month whereas some says 199 whereas some says 360...for unlimited........and somone says 10paise per 10kb(is it bit or byte) download.......also wht else do i need with handset????usb cable or data cable or some other device.....and wht is data card...and also can i use the same net for pc??????

GPRS/EDGE is extremely flaky. Hardly ever works. I had it for a couple of months and then discontinued. The only partially usable solution is reliance since its CDMA and not a hack over GSM that EDGE/GPRS is. I use a reliance PCMCIA card for browsing on the move. Generally works okay.

Chaos said:
GPRS/EDGE is extremely flaky. Hardly ever works. I had it for a couple of months and then discontinued. The only partially usable solution is reliance since its CDMA and not a hack over GSM that EDGE/GPRS is. I use a reliance PCMCIA card for browsing on the move. Generally works okay.

Hello Chaos,

What is cost of PCMICA CARD and monthly charges.

What is total expense to avail this sevice in Mumbai.

Thank You.

my frnd was sayin only 5mb download restriction.........but ppl on some site says they use mobile office facility of airtel..pays 600 for unlimted net...i dont have much idea......also ppl use dku-5 data cable..i dont have much idea abt this stuff...but ppl says they get 11-12kBps on phone supportin edge.......

Back