Wireless Keeps Disconnecting

indieboy540

Disciple
I have a network set up in which the ethernet cable feeds into a 8 port 10MB hub and from there a LAN wire goes into a wireless router, which then a another RJ-45 is relayed to the server (a dell laptop). Don't ask me why the hub is involved, that's the only way I could get it to work. The system ran fine the first day or so, my HP laptop picked up the network pretty much everywhere in the house and stayed connected. Problems arose the second day or so, in which my HP picks up the connection, works for about 10 minutes and then loses it. So I run up and check the server and it's network connection is down too. I reboot and problem fixed, till it happens again, and again, and again. I took out the router so now the ethernet cable goes into the hub, then a relay into the laptop and no dropped connections what so ever. Everytime I use the wireless router, the connection drops in 10 minutes or so and fixes itself when I reboot. How can I get around this since the whole point of getting a wireless router was to use the other laptops around the house? I'm guessing it's not a problem with the ISP because it works fine when the wireless router is not invovled.

Thanks

B.T.W., I'm using Sify BBC, and using SuperSify didn't fix the problem either.

- Update the firmware of the router

-Change the Default password of the wireless router

-Enable WPA on the wireless network

- Disable all DHCP and not required features on the router

Back