Wireless not Working Compaq 621

Hi guys using compaq 621 laptop, winxp sp3,,,format and installed xp and reinstall all drivers but still wireless not working........and in my laptop keybroad the wireless button light is orange when it was working it colors is green...???
what should i do....also checked in BIOS too....

vivek.krishnan said:
Is it detected/shown in the Network Connections? Are you able to see other networks? More info is needed.
Yes when i open network connection windows its shown "Wireless Network Connection" (Not Connected)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

CA50 said:
Isn't it like you have to press [Fn] key and some [Function] key to enable wifi
in my laptop just simply press wireless key for on/off wifi, but if i press nothing happen just orange light glowing on the key....

vivek.krishnan said:
Yeah, press the key next to F12 button if the k/b is same as this : http://www.laptopaccessoriessupplie...v115326as1_6037b0046201_notebook_keyboard.jpg
keyboard is same like in the pic,,, press the F12 button but nothing happens....

hi friends, after seraching and troubleshooting at my point of view.

i got one option in BIOS called LAN/WAN Switching.

i am disable this function and now when i press the wireless button key... its enable and in taskbar also shown wireless network enable.

but when i search the available wireless network its noting detected.. i have beetel 440tx wireless modem.

and after that going to lan properties and disable security option and now all working fine.....

but still when i search the network connections, its not detected but net is working fine...

why wireless network not detected ???

Clear the cmos.If you don't know how just take out a RAM stick,turn on PC,turn it off,replace RAM stick,turn PC on.CMOS will refresh.WIFI should work now!

Back