Wireless Router - For Home

Hi All,

Well I have recently moved to this new flat where my flatmates have already been using Airtel`s net connection with the default Beteel`s Wireless Router with them.

Now the problem is, that this router doesn`t have enough range to reach out for my room in this 3 BHK Flat.
My room is around 20 ft away from the location where the router is place and that also in the corner opposite to room`s gate.

So, I am planning to buy a new Wireless router preferably of Cisco`s Linksys range.
Following routers are on my mind:-
1) Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router

2) Cisco Linksys WRT120N Wireless-N Home

Please guide me with this considering the current scenario and if this buy will solve my problem.
Also, if someone can comment on the range / coverage distance wise for the model mentioned above.

NB: I am having Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard which comes with On Board wireless - Code Name - 1 x WiFi-AP Soloâ„¢ antenna jack :p

I have the same requirements. Need to replace my Beetle router for my Airtel and need better range. What would people recommend?

Well, I chucked the router and went for good old Wired method :p

Bought some 20 meters of DGLink cable and tried clipping it myself, though went wrong first due to a mistake in the sequence of cables(here`s my idea of keeping spare Clips worked). On my second more cautious attempt using the following color code combination(order from left to right) it worked and the net connection was established:-

White Orange
Orange
Green
White Blue
Blue
White Green
White Brown
Brown

Hence, I clamped in the wire across the wall using the wire clips to keep it clean. Wallah I was back on track :D
Thanks guys for all the suggestion, the thread can be closed now.

Worked this time, then fixed in the wired on walls using this amazing new wire clips they are using these days, and wallah I back on track :D
Thanks guys for all the suggestion.

The thread can be closed down.

Please post the pics of the wire clips and the whole setup if possible, I need to some cabling in my house too! :)

Pics of wire clips Plz

Please post the pics of the wire clips and the whole setup if possible, I need to some cabling in my house too! :)

Well, I was apprehensive regarding posting in my last post in the first place, but I did just as to give a closure to my thread.
I do realize that it`s a tech forum and sharing in personal/ not very technical info/ experience doesn`t makes much sense.

Anyways, stop picking on me.... I kinda got flown away in excitement at that point of time.

Laterzz./

Back