Wireless router not working

mav2000

Skilled
Hi Guys I have an airtel broadband at home and they have given me a beetel modem. This is then connected to a Netgear WGR 614 v6 wireless router.

The problem is that the router does not seem to be working for the last few days. I have reset it and all that and all lights are green. When I connect the internet cable and the lan cable to it it starts acting funny, disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and goes into a loop. Also the wireless light is not coming on these days. If I connect the modem to the computer directly it works fine. But when I connect it through the router the router lights keep going on and off for all the channels irrespective of the fact that there is only one wired connection to it. Please help me out with this.

To add to the above, when I go into netgear smart setup, it initally identifies my internet connection saying its dynamic Ip and then it says that it needs to update the configuration and then goes all wony saying that internet explorer cannot find the site blah blah, basically it gets disconnected as I can see all the lights flashing on off on the router.

Back