Wish Mumbai stations looked like this!!

6pack

ex-Mod

This is New Delhi RRTS being inaugurated today.
:D Brings a smile to your face. So clean and the design is so nice.

For such changes, Mumbai FIRST OF ALL need..
  1. Political Will of ALL PARTY
  2. Massive Budget
  3. Work Executor like (former EC of India) T. N. Seshan (charge on wrong doing with Iron Clad hand & No Bow Down IN front of ANY ONE)

2. Massive Budget
  3. Work Executor like (former EC of India) T. N. Seshan (charge on wrong doing with Iron Clad hand & No Bow Down IN front of ANY ONE)

Mumbai is past its peak imo, every time I visit the city it feels more dusty, dilapidated & dirty with even more people living on the streets.

2. Massive Budget
Apparently the phase 1 of underground metro will be ready by Dec 2023. So probably we might see nice stations like this. Looking at the update video (4 months old) i think it will open in Feb - March 2024 probably.

Plus other overhead and underground metros are in various stages of completion. Probably 2024 onwards, we will see start of all these lines.

Last edited:
They keep all sort of Services & Facility limited between Churchgate to Dahisar, so crowd running within this space only and crushing mumabi like anything. They need to expand service/facility between Dahisar to Virar too.

'Spirit of Mumbai' was biggest scam ever sold to naive helpless people. That propaganda helped chronically inhumane, insensitive-to-the-core business owners those are isolated from common man's sufferings grow enormously.
Unfortunately, it is that very spirit which keeps Mumbai down now.
Moreover, fast internet availability means lot of business does not need to be centered around such dirty hectic places.

People should see center's fund allocation towards states and will get a clue why massive new developments are centered around certain regions now. Only concern should be how many days this can be sustained, in case all this is artificially propped up without proper support.

'Spirit of Mumbai' was
...many things rolled into one phrase - part compulsion, part indifference, part selfishness, part hustle, part meekness/'submissiveness', as well as part helpfulness, part camaraderie, part resoluteness, part resilience, part sensitiveness/'empathiness'..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

there's one station in (navi) mumbai that's very different from all others in the city, and is pleasantly very likeable. the approach to it is through a swanky subway shopping area, and over it is a huge shopping mall too & large shiny office complexes above/adjacent to it! the first time i went there after a considerable period of time, found that it had been totally revamped and given an absolutely different look and i was pleasantly taken aback as i wasnt aware of all this, and had to verify & confirm my bearings for a while! felt like walking through an airport:

Unless people are properly educated no city/station can become beautiful. Even if tried to do so un-educated people will destroy it.
(Here education doesn't mean any academic degrees)

Mumbai is broken due to the sheer load of people it needs to cater to and the unrealistic expectations of those who come into the city with starry eyes, coupled with the rampant corruption leading to unplanned development. It feels like a pyramid scheme where all income is dependent on more people coming in, purchasing more properties, buying more and paying more taxes, which is unsustainable.

It pleases me to see other cities developing in a better manner because it means a change in the attitude of people living in those places and a general acceptance that you don't need to be in a specific city to make your mark.

Hopefully it means more even development across cities and a general decline on the load on specific cities.

i do agree that Mumbai has lost its 80`s 90`s charm but its due to many outsiders but on the other and i would say Mumbai is in transition phase .what worries me is the question what is driving mumbai ? traditionally Mumbai had/has mazgaon docks , now we have JNPT and maybe new one coming up in dahanu .Mumbai at some point had great mills that has been long lost .Mumbai had L&T in powai they have shifted it to Baroda now they have more or less shifted it out and have used up that for housing ,M&M to has shifted most of its things to Chakan plant . Similarly the famous parle-g shut the factory and are planning housing .Duetshce bank had multiple business working out of Mumbai but i think 50% was shifted to pune .There were many small SME they too have shut shop and gave land for housing and moved to Bhiwandi etc. So i dont get it why people are buying flats worth of crores .The flat that people are buying are of very hard/long tenure of savings or old money in thought of appreciation but i don't see it .Mumbai also lacks software industry .There is a very clear picture that many of the engineering graduates from Mumbai are not in Mumbai .And observe most of people in top MNC are not from mumbai .For them they think they are in mumbai .But majority of next gen Mumbaikars who were supposed to be flag bearers are not in mumbai .On personal ( out of my childhood and local area friend circle only two to three are in india .Similar with my engineering batchmates. I have very high hopes with the Third mumbai which was declared a couple of days ago. Mumbai has to reclaim a lot of lost ground but i feel mumbai can easily catchup .i.e within a blink of an eye if we get all of the homegrown Mumbaikars back to mumbai and we have proper tech startups homed in mumbai .And you will have the same authentic Bambaiya spirit.

Back