Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Mind over heart
Used it after much contemplation

Last edited:
OT - Incidentally, I also have a similar situation. Bought this a couple of days back from Amazon. Can't get one screw off to save my life, might have to resort to other means to take it off so I closed the laptop again. The thermal paste is lying unused

Also OT but would not recommend this specific thermal paste for laptops. Used to use this but Temps would go back to same stock thermal paste level after a month or so once applied, due to pump out effect I think. But for desktops this is quite good.

Noctua does list it as being applicable to laptops. The general advice is to avoid liquid metal pastes for laptops and to opt for non-electrical conductive pastes.

It is generally a toss-up between this and Kyronaut as far as recommendations go, so it should still do a better job than the stock paste.

Regarding the price, just weigh your options if you feel you can get it for cheaper. I wouldn’t want to take a huge loss on it, in which case I would rather keep it for the future as the price will anyway keep going up and I have at least 3 years to put it to use.

BTW u could always go the route of plausible deniability and say the tamper sticker wasn't ever there... It's better to service the laptop when you need it and keep it running good than to wait for warranty and let it suffer IMO but only if u think the re-paste is needed.

BTW u could always go the route of plausible deniability and say the tamper sticker wasn't ever there... It's better to service the laptop when you need it and keep it running good than to wait for warranty and let it suffer IMO but only if u think the re-paste is needed.
In the US, the sticker approach is not enforceable but you can be darn sure the Indian service centres will use that as the basis to reject service.

Only really need the warranty for the motherboard as that is the weakest link in the laptop with all the thermal build-up and you are essentially screwed if it fails.
In stock at mdcomputers at 975.
In case you decide to lower your price, will buy immediately.
I had another member point this out. I had purchased it from Prime ABGB as they are direct importers but it seems their charges are higher. Makes no sense to go that low.

The MD Computers one seems like a limited time offer with free shipping, their normal price is still about 1. 1k, so may be this will be useful for someone else in the future. Otherwise, I can keep it and use it at a later date.

Final edit: The sticker on the laptop did not mention "warranty void", so decided to take a chance and remove it.

Difference in temperatures is not that much, so probably the OEM paste was not that bad. Anyway, was worth the experience of doing it and getting a look at the CPU and GPU. Have enough left to make this a bi-annual exercise.

Last edited:
Back